ADVERTISEMENT

"Overlook Northwestern Again at Your Own Risk..."

Are winters in Lincoln that much better than winters in Evanston/Chicago?

I think I'll take wintering in Evanston/Chicago.

Generally, a better write-up than most even if done w/ back-handed compliments.

But at least this writer gives the 'Cats some kudos; a lot of UNL fans (at least the ones who post on the Rivals boards) summarily dismiss the 'Cats.

The whole concept of them overlooking Northwestern at their own peril is rather foolish at this point. They are a lofty 4-4 against the Cats since joining the B1G, so any follower of theirs who summarily dismisses NU is not all that bright.

The whole concept of them overlooking Northwestern at their own peril is rather foolish at this point. They are a lofty 4-4 against the Cats since joining the B1G, so any follower of theirs who summarily dismisses NU is not all that bright.
They overlook everyone in the West except Wisconsin which has beat them 6 in a row. Iowa is really dismissed despite 4 straight wins over Nebby. There are many Husker fans that are not bright. The only team in the West they have dominated is the Fighting Lovie’s.

Are winters in Lincoln that much better than winters in Evanston/Chicago?

I think I'll take wintering in Evanston/Chicago.

Generally, a better write-up than most even if done w/ back-handed compliments.

But at least this writer gives the 'Cats some kudos; a lot of UNL fans (at least the ones who post on the Rivals boards) summarily dismiss the 'Cats.
having lived in Iowa, I can tell you that the winters on the Plains are worse than those around the lakes. the wind comes in from Alberta and whips through at high speed, unimpeded. It was much colder than when I lived in Michigan.

Plus it's boring

They overlook everyone in the West except Wisconsin which has beat them 6 in a row. Iowa is really dismissed despite 4 straight wins over Nebby. There are many Husker fans that are not bright. The only team in the West they have dominated is the Fighting Lovie’s.

Yep - that's the mindset of a lot of UNL fans (at least those who post on Rivals).

As for the even series since Neb joined the conf., the rationale is that the 'Cats have just gotten lucky (like how a lot of Iowa fans used to feel).

Reactions: rmndcat
I have to listen to stuff I don’t agree with all the time. I’m an adult in
The United States of America and realize it's the price I pay for freedom. Atheists lecture kids in public universities all the time and I’m fine with that. What I don’t like is opposing viewpoints are not allowed because some people are afraid that they might have their feelings hurt.

Yep - that's the mindset of a lot of UNL fans (at least those who post on Rivals).

As for the even series since Neb joined the conf., the rationale is that the 'Cats have just gotten lucky (like how a lot of Iowa fans used to feel).

I truly didn’t feel offended by the article’s tone...but I will say it’s funny how they cite some really close improbable losses to us, but fail to mention that one of their four wins against us was literally on a Hail Mary to end the game.

Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
When I think of that game, I always think of that fourth play. Embarrassing effort.

I have to listen to stuff I don’t agree with all the time. I’m an adult in
The United States of America and realize it's the price I pay for freedom. Atheists lecture kids in public universities all the time and I’m fine with that. What I don’t like is opposing viewpoints are not allowed because some people are afraid that they might have their feelings hurt.

People are allowed to have an opposing viewpoint. I'm allowed to disagree with that opposing viewpoint.

Of course he did; always looking to take a shot at NU. Never misses a chance. SMH.

Nonsense! He's a typical NU fan who occasionally voices skepticism and sarcasm, much like MidvaleDave and others did. You're just too invested in the program to just dismiss his remarks as normal fan behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT