ADVERTISEMENT

P. J. Fleck

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
Intense certainly, but something is amiss in Minnesota. Fleck is a terrible role model as a coach. So much anger is not good for the players, the fans or anybody. I live in Minnesota and am disgusted by his demeanor. Winning is not the only thing, if it takes this much psychopathy to do it. I'll take Northwestern's coaches any day over this insane perverted behavior, win or lose.

Reactions: StreamCat
Intense certainly, but something is amiss in Minnesota. Fleck is a terrible role model as a coach. So much anger is not good for the players, the fans or anybody. I live in Minnesota and am disgusted by his demeanor. Winning is not the only thing, if it takes this much psychopathy to do it. I'll take Northwestern's coaches any day over this insane perverted behavior, win or lose.
Listen, I too hate PJ Fleck, but this is a totally wild take

Reactions: phatcat and Eurocat
Anger and winning is the only thing...for a minute I thought you were describing Nick Saban, who seemed to do okay for himself...and now he's a sweet old man, mellow talking head sitting next to Pat McAfee on Saturday mornings, when he's not doing AFLAC commercials.

Hey what happened to the guy who used to coach at Northwestern? The one before the current coach… Why did he leave? It wasn’t anything insane or perverted that happened on his watch, was it?

Listen, I too hate PJ Fleck, but this is a totally wild take
Then why do you hate him? There must be a reason. What I stated is the most plausible reason I can think of, that he is too toxic to be mentoring young men. Not anything close to the coaches I had when I was these player's age. What the hell has happened to us?

Reactions: StreamCat
Revenue man wanted granddaddy bad
Yeah, times were such, and maybe now , but ihat doesn't need to be. Anger and hatred need not supplant decency. Cormac McCarthy describes a fascinating, insidious world, but do we really want that to be our reality?

Anger and winning is the only thing...for a minute I thought you were describing Nick Saban, who seemed to do okay for himself...and now he's a sweet old man, mellow talking head sitting next to Pat McAfee on Saturday mornings, when he's not doing AFLAC commercials.
It is? Be sweet when you are young, not when your are old--that's when you become a curmudgeon.
trust me, I'm there.

Problem for him is, as I see it, he won't make a good NFL coach because the pros won't tolerate his behavior towards them. Probably the best example is Nick Saban. He had to return to college where he could treat players like PJ does because they had no choice, but that has changed too. I suspect there will be some players going into the portal because they have that choice now. Where they get a degree from is irrelevant to many players these days. I like the NU philosophy. Very few players make it in the NFL.

Reactions: NUCat320
Did PJ do something yesterday at the USC game? Didn't watch as Comcast is cutting off West Coast team broadcasts on BTN. Fees disagreement. Seems to me that at least publicly he is always behaved.

Did PJ do something yesterday at the USC game? Didn't watch as Comcast is cutting off West Coast team broadcasts on BTN. Fees disagreement. Seems to me that at least publicly he is always behaved.

I have the same question. What did I miss, what did he do? Did he say something post game or somethig? What am I missing here?

His team beat the number 11 team (per AP) the country all I can say is good for him unless something happened that I missed. Why the anger?

Then why do you hate him? There must be a reason. What I stated is the most plausible reason I can think of, that he is too toxic to be mentoring young men. Not anything close to the coaches I had when I was these player's age. What the hell has happened to us?
He’s an obnoxious and annoying flim flam man, more a bundle of catchphrases than a human or coach

I have the same question. What did I miss, what did he do? Did he say something post game or somethig? What am I missing here?

His team beat the number 11 team (per AP) the country all I can say is good for him unless something happened that I missed. Why the anger?
He had a right to be angry, but not so flagrantly so. That's not a coach, that is a bully.

PJ went nuts at the end of the game when his team tried on qb sneaks on two downs to score a TD. On the first try, it was questionable whether they did not make it. He went nuts. On review, they ruled against him. On the 2nd try, he clearly made it, but they ruled that he was short. PJ went ballistic. He was right. Review changed the call to a TD, The refs were afraid to make a call. I do not like PJ, but on both calls, every coach would and should have gone nuts. He acted correctly.

Reactions: jne381
I am not even a Minnesota fan, but even I was angry when they said that TD wasn't a TD. I probably would have behaved the same way.

Reactions: catfans5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT