ADVERTISEMENT

Parking experience

Alvious

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2010
Behind the Cheddar Curtain
I'd like to know where people parked, what worked well, and what could be better next time. It looks like I'm going to the Eastern Illinois game and would like some parking advice. Thanks in advance.

While I have parking (Noyes/Sheridan) I did notice on my drive down Noyes that the streets were NOT made no-parking zones for gameday.

I parked in South Garage. I was disappointed in that I was assigned there yet two of the outdoor lots I tailgated in with friends were half empty. It was a nice walk to the stadium but a bit far for the older people in my group.

Reactions: Sheffielder
The walk to the field was pleasant from the South Garage. The walk back to the South Garage seemed longer after baking in the sun for a while. I also noticed a lot of open spaces in the other lots.

My lot is at Northwestern Place, east side of Sheridan, just south of Garrett Seminary. It was great — less than 50 cars, plenty of space to tailgate, some tree cover and green space, and an easy walk to the stadium. Not my first choice but very happy with it.

Reactions: NUinIowafan
While I have parking (Noyes/Sheridan) I did notice on my drive down Noyes that the streets were NOT made no-parking zones for gameday.
At least a few streets were posted for temporary no parking. Lincoln east of Ridge for example, but it is pretty narrow there.

I parked in South Garage. I was disappointed in that I was assigned there yet two of the outdoor lots I tailgated in with friends were half empty. It was a nice walk to the stadium but a bit far for the older people in my group.
Same.

We've decided to make lemons out of lemonade, and just make it a point to find new place to go around Evanston before the game. Last weekend we hit Double Clutch Brewery, which was a pleasant surprise that I happily recommend. Beer sales inside the stadium help soften the overall blow of no tailgating lot "but for $25 we'll let you into this roped-off lawn area."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT