ADVERTISEMENT

Per StatFox and BR: Wisconsin RB Clement questionable for Saturday's game

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Per StatFox:

"RB] 11/15/2015 - Corey Clement "?" Saturday vs. Northwestern ( Hernia )"

... And this from the Bleacher Report post the assault incident from last week that resulted in a cut to Corey's hand:

"His availability for Nov. 21's game against Northwestern is unclear at this time. The background of what transpired at Clement's apartment Sunday has also not been given as police conduct their investigation."

Link for the Bleacher Reporting:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...b-reportedly-assaulted-in-off-campus-incident

Last edited:
Per StatFox:

"RB] 11/15/2015 - Corey Clement "?" Saturday vs. Northwestern ( Hernia )"

... And this from the Bleacher Report post the assault incident from last week that resulted in a cut to Corey's hand:

"His availability for Nov. 21's game against Northwestern is unclear at this time. The background of what transpired at Clement's apartment Sunday has also not been given as police conduct their investigation."

Link for the Bleacher Reporting:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...b-reportedly-assaulted-in-off-campus-incident
At face value, without many details, sounds like the kid came to the aid of a security guard who was being confronted by a group. If it pans out that way, Many Kudos to him.

While Wisconsin Coach says the hand injury will not prevent Corey from playing, he has not said Corey will play Saturday. Looks like they are going to see how he does in practices as he is still recovering to one degree or another from the hernia surgery:

".....his recovery from sports hernia surgery is the only thing that will determine his availability for Saturday."

Full article link:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/...cle_97b1208d-8358-5f7a-9a0b-54a80bfe45fd.html

Playing that soon after hernia surgery doesn't seem like a good idea.

I think it is now your duty to make sure that information gets communicated to his coaches. :)

Seriously though, I would expect with regard to allowing players to return to the field coaches are probably more cautious now in light of Beckman's dismissal.

CC comes onto the field in a wheelchair, then 10 minutes prior to KO jumps up and runs up and down the field.

CC vs. JJ - good within game competition! Go with JJ.

hand injury leads to higher probability of fumble so Badgers may have to sit him even if hernia healed; he is a great talent and league has missed his play tho have to admit I won't miss watching him against us

I want to beat them with Clement playing so that when going against us for the Gator Bowl bid they won't have any lame excuses like Stanford had about the early kickoff.

I don't have FB experience, but I do have hernia surgery experience. :(
As do I. Felt like I'd been kicked by a horse, but actually played hockey (no-check league) nine days post-surgery. Somehow, walking was more painful than skating, if that makes any sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT