ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt OC to LSU?

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
Reports are that Matt Canada is meeting with Ed Orgeron sometime in the next 24 hours to discuss the LSU OC job now that Kiffin has accepted the head coaching gig at FAU:

I don't necessarily hate the idea that Pitt's OC will be either distracted (or gone) before our matchup.

Reports are that Matt Canada is meeting with Ed Orgeron sometime in the next 24 hours to discuss the LSU OC job now that Kiffin has accepted the head coaching gig at FAU:

I don't necessarily hate the idea that Pitt's OC will be either distracted (or gone) before our matchup.

I don't either but I question how big of a factor he really is in Pitt's offensive success. I don't recall thinking Canada was some offensive whiz when he was at Indiana.

Last edited:
I don't either but I question how big of a factor he really is in Pitt's offensive success. I don't recall thinking Canada was some offe dive whiz when he was at Indiana.

As you know, it's always difficult to parse out credit and blame amongst coaches.

While perspective from some of the Pitt folks lurking on the boards would be appreciated, I would imagine that Canada has had nearly free-rein in this year's Pitt offense given Narduzzi's defensive background. Canada also put together some pretty darn effective offenses during his time at NC State from 2013-2015. The 2012 Wisconsin offense wasn't too shabby either, nor the NIU 2011 offense.

Regarding his time at Indiana... there were a lot of injuries and ridiculously young teams from 2004-2010. The Hoeppner/Lynch handoff was also a pretty darn emotional time down there.

Would think that Canada's departure will help NU in the Pinstripe Bowl. Blame Canada!

O Canada!

national-flag-canada-lge2.jpg

Not so unusual. Cincinnati just hired Ohio State's defensive coordinator Luke Fickell as their next head coach but he is going to split duties between coaching OSU's defense in the playoffs and getting his program set up at Cincinnati.

Not so unusual. Cincinnati just hired Ohio State's defensive coordinator Luke Fickell as their next head coach but he is going to split duties between coaching OSU's defense in the playoffs and getting his program set up at Cincinnati.

It's not all that unusual for guys leaving to HC gigs. Slightly less typical in my recollection for guys moving from one OC job to another.

It's not all that unusual for guys leaving to HC gigs. Slightly less typical in my recollection for guys moving from one OC job to another.
Not sure.... I don't recall hearing much of anything about college coordinators in the past which goes to show the level of saturation we're reaching in the sports media world. They need stuff to talk about!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT