ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Fleck documentary

Has nothing to do with if I know him or not. You are saying he willingly looked the other way to bring in a walkon with a long rap sheet. That is just not correct (though you may be backtracking by calling it inadequate background checking, if so I wholeheartedly agree).

You are saying there are guys arrested for sexual assault and others for robbery. You are, in fact, you are referring to the same person, who did both.

And don't forget - walkons have to go through regular admissions. PJ didn't let him into the school. WMU admissions did. If you really want to bring the victims of sexual assault into this discussion to prove a point, think they aren't so understanding of a lot of things in this situation, not just PJ letting him play football.
I don't know him either but maybe you should ask his ex-wife and his girlfriend what a great guy he is.

Wow. You just did a victory dance because a bunch of football players from a team that you like got away with gang rape. Why don't you just row out of here. While Minnesota fans might be just fine with it, we don't accept that kind of behavior.

The is no victory dance being performed by me about this mess. I challenged some libelous statements written about the ten players above. The process was flawed and the "victim" was not what she was portrayed as in later media reports. The County Attorney's office and Minneapolis PD walked away from this case very quickly, and they are very aggressive in going after sexual offenders, and that says a lot about this incident. There was actual video of the so called victim with one of the players, and that is what saved him. This woman had zero credibility with the investigators and that is a fact.

There is a lot of misinformation and false assumptions made around this incident.

There were a couple of very thin skinned, hostile reactions to my post, and I'd hate to be a defense attorney with this crowd on the jury.

The Barry O. changes to Title IX standards was a big controversy and that is no secret. The USC kicker case that was in the news this last week was just one of many examples of an out of control system unfairly punishing innocent men on campus. It is expected that Trump's DOE will roll back these changes to the previous standards. What happened to these ten players, or at least the second 5, was a classic example of an out of control, quasi-legal body going after people with no accountability, and very little due process.

The is no victory dance being performed by me about this mess. I challenged some libelous statements written about the ten players above. The process was flawed and the "victim" was not what she was portrayed as in later media reports. The County Attorney's office and Minneapolis PD walked away from this case very quickly, and they are very aggressive in going after sexual offenders, and that says a lot about this incident. There was actual video of the so called victim with one of the players, and that is what saved him. This woman had zero credibility with the investigators and that is a fact.

There is a lot of misinformation and false assumptions made around this incident.

There were a couple of very thin skinned, hostile reactions to my post, and I'd hate to be a defense attorney with this crowd on the jury.

The Barry O. changes to Title IX standards was a big controversy and that is no secret. The USC kicker case that was in the news this last week was just one of many examples of an out of control system unfairly punishing innocent men on campus. It is expected that Trump's DOE will roll back these changes to the previous standards. What happened to these ten players, or at least the second 5, was a classic example of an out of control, quasi-legal body going after people with no accountability, and very little due process.

Charges or not, the good people of Minnesota and the great University of Minnesota deserve better from their athletic representatives than the behavior of the athletes in question in this sorry case. That you lash out politically at Title IX standards without saying a word about their conduct speaks volumes about your priorities and about who really is thin-skinned in this thread.

Charges or not, the good people of Minnesota and the great University of Minnesota deserve better from their athletic representatives than the behavior of the athletes in question in this sorry case. That you lash out politically at Title IX standards without saying a word about their conduct speaks volumes about your priorities and about who really is thin-skinned in this thread.

Well said.

It's sad when fans rush to smear the victims of sexual assault. Since when was a gang bang an acceptable social behavior in American universities? Minnesota and Baylor have enabled and protected this behavior, they should shut down their programs.

By the way, here is an example of an university taking serious actions against misconduct by one of its sports programs.

Harvard chose to cancel its men's soccer season in 2016 because the boys made "vulgar and explicit documents rating women on their perceived sexual appeal and physical appearance." They didn't gang bang or sexually assault anyone, but were held accountable anyways. Compare the action that Harvard took versus what goes on at major football programs like Baylor, Minnesota, Tennessee, etc. where they smear the victims and protect perpetrators of sexual assault and rape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT