ADVERTISEMENT

Please indulge one minor football parking question

dillonpgp

Feb 21, 2006
Prior to the construction of the new indoor facility, there was surface parking behind (East of) the indoor tennis center/sports pavilion and north of the Soccer/LAX field along the lakeshore. It was relatively quiet, with a nice view.

Now that the Fieldhouse is done, that location (and several others) are not on the 2018 Gameday parking map updated a few weeks ago. (although they’re still linked on the 2014 map included under the “tailgating”Section of the Gameday guide. I know the indoor facility knocked out quite a bit of the old parking space and am aware that NU has redfinied the space at Noyes & Sheridan as the designated RV lot going forward (the lot I’m asking about used to be designated RV available). But does anyone know if what remains of this surface lot is available to the public during off hours (weekends), or is it 24/7 reserved for facility staff?

The last time I was in Evanston, this was still behind a fence, but it did appear that new curbs were being poured to maintain some parking availability in that location.

Appreciate someone in the area answering this question. I tried calling the ticket office, but all they could do is quote the 2018 map.

It's gone though the lot directly west of the field hockey stadium is still there. The parking structure is also free on weekends. Do you have an RV?

Thanks. We really were just looking for a single game lot with some grass round it to accommodate a gathering of friends. No RV, but I’m not sure my van would fit (height) in the garage. (I’m the designated guy that brings all the stuff)

Just curious, was the lot entirely eliminated or, as I suspected, designated 24/7 reserved?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT