ADVERTISEMENT

Portal update

Portal closed.

Verbal commits lists 2,007 players in the portal. The right number might be slightly different.

Considering 362 D1 teams, that’s an average of 5.5 players per team.
Plus how many typical incoming freshmen on scholarship? Assuming an average of 2.5 per team per year, that’s a full 8 man rotation every season.

Rowan Brumbaugh transfers from Geprgetown to Tulane.

“I’m always on our point guards to be better communicators,” coach Ed Cooley said of Brumbaugh Feb. 24. “I think Rowan is improving with that, but I still think he has a long way to go.

This will be Rowan's 3rd school since reneging on his "commitment" to NU and Chris Collins.
He has played one season of college basketball.

I’m starting to get the sense we might be done “portaling”. Hopefully that’s not the case but there doesn’t seem to be any news on any NU transfer prospects. 🤷‍♂️

There are plenty of decent players still out there that may not excite us but still would be a great addition to our squad (and for those who wish to make this comparison, are better than Blake Smith and his potential scholarship). Though I'm disappointed about Blackmon and others, there is plenty of time to pick up that least piece.

Reactions: Cataria
There are plenty of decent players still out there that may not excite us but still would be a great addition to our squad (and for those who wish to make this comparison, are better than Blake Smith and his potential scholarship). Though I'm disappointed about Blackmon and others, there is plenty of time to pick up that least piece.

I doubt it would play out this way, but if Blake Smith gets a scholarship because we can't get another transfer, that would be bad.

If Collins has already decided to give Smith a scholarship, then we'd be done with transfers. And that would reflect well on the coach, in my opinion.

However, if we are still looking, there are tons of good players out there.
Hell there are two Duke guards out there - Jaylen Blakes and Jaden Schutt (from Yorkville, IL)

Surprised it wasn’t PPD busting your balls…. Maybe he just has a thing for my posts from under a haze…

Yeah, PPD seems like a fine fellow, but he acts like you stuck him with a big bar tab over at Ten Mile House.

Its one of those free Wildcat Report mysteries, like "What did Skip Holtz do last year?"

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
Yeah, PPD seems like a fine fellow, but he acts like you stuck him with a big bar tab over at Ten Mile House.

Its one of those free Wildcat Report mysteries, like "What did Skip Holtz do last year?"
He had the hots for my ex - Lara Craft.

He had the hots for my ex - Lara Craft.
His ex brow beat me for my NU trinkets I won that AlaskaKat donated for the Purple party in Nashville. Thought she was going to hit me if I didn’t turn over the goods. I haven’t gotten over that.

She didn’t like me when I asked her if she got carded to get into the bar! Bob has rode me ever since!

Bronny James is in the portal.

6-2 shooting guard. Disappointed as a top 30 recruit in his first year at USC. Will enter the draft as well, but unlikely to stay in as his stock fell.

Good bloodlines. Even better than that Kirkpatrick guy.

Not in need of a big NIL bag.

Funny name.
Most prognosticators were disappointed that Bronny only measured 6’ 1.5” today. I’m happy to have had the inside scoop.

A little smaller than Blackmon but maybe he makes sense for that last slot. Still doesn’t need a big NIL bag.

I presume the chance to be a sixth man on a strong veteran team would be appealing for him.

Most prognosticators were disappointed that Bronny only measured 6’ 1.5” today. I’m happy to have had the inside scoop.

A little smaller than Blackmon but maybe he makes sense for that last slot. Still doesn’t need a big NIL bag.

I presume the chance to be a sixth man on a strong veteran team would be appealing for him.
Plus, he's part of the package deal, right? Your team gets Bronny, they also get LeBron! He still has all 4 years of eligibility, right?

I get that he hit the "life" lottery with regards to being born into a family that will have intergenerational wealth. However, it's definitely a bit of irony/tragedy that if an NBA team selects him, he's considered the ultimate nepo hire.

Former Duke player Jaden Schutt (from far Chicago suburbs) has transferred to Virginia Tech.

If we're still looking for a player, he would have helped.

the 7 Dukies who entered the portal...

Sean Stewart -> Ohio St
TJ Power -> Virginia
Jaden Schutt -> Va Tech
Christian Reeves -> Clemson
Jeremy Roach -> Baylor
Mark Mitchell -> Missouri
Jaylen Blakes -> AVAILABLE (point guard)

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

Just read an ESPN article that said he outperformed at the combine and is now projected as a 2nd round pick. If he doesn’t proceed with the draft he’s expected to go to Duquesne where is dad’s Highschool pal is the coach, where he can star, and that’s probably the best thing for him really.

Former Duke player Jaden Schutt (from far Chicago suburbs) has transferred to Virginia Tech.

If we're still looking for a player, he would have helped.

the 7 Dukies who entered the portal...

Sean Stewart -> Ohio St
TJ Power -> Virginia
Jaden Schutt -> Va Tech
Christian Reeves -> Clemson
Jeremy Roach -> Baylor
Mark Mitchell -> Missouri
Jaylen Blakes -> AVAILABLE (point guard)
Why aren’t we going after Blake’s?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT