ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction

TheC

May 29, 2001
Virginia vs Texas Tech will be one of the least watched national championship games in a long time. What an ugly game that will be. I think its safe to say I'm not staying up past 11:00 on the East Coast for that. I doubt many will.

Reactions: julescat
I kinda like seeing teams who have never won before having a shot at the title. It'll be the first time in a while we'll have a first time champ, with Tech coming from deep in left field. Good for them!

Reactions: ricko654321
... What an ugly game that will be ...

TheC, you're usually a smarter fan than this.

You don't find anything interesting in the idea that the stategies of UofV and TT are totally different?

I know TT was sucked into MSU's game the other night, but they usually want to play up tempo. All the more interesting that they won.

Also Im happy it's not the same ol, same ol. Now if they can also oust Nantz. Raftery and Hill.

TheC, you're usually a smarter fan than this.

You don't find anything interesting in the idea that the stategies of UofV and TT are totally different?

I know TT was sucked into MSU's game the other night, but they usually want to play up tempo. All the more interesting that they won.

Also Im happy it's not the same ol, same ol. Now if they can also oust Nantz. Raftery and Hill.
Maybe so, but I just feel like every time I've seen these two play this year (which is not a lot I admit), it is just an ugly game. Great defense, no doubt, but it kind seems to grind things down to a crawl.

Also, I'm just bitching that the games start so damn late.

Virginia vs Texas Tech will be one of the least watched national championship games in a long time. What an ugly game that will be. I think its safe to say I'm not staying up past 11:00 on the East Coast for that. I doubt many will.

Yea, TheC. Man, was that a boring game! Where was the excitement and drama?

You were right in going to bed early...

Yea, TheC. Man, was that a boring game! Where was the excitement and drama?

You were right in going to bed early...
Yeah... it looks like it ended up a good game. Still didn't care. Neither of those teams excites me in the least. Congrats to Virginia though.

Great game, all the elite 8 games and beyond were all exciting games.

Maybe we can turn into one of these ugly teams that plays good defense and can make 3 point shots.

Reactions: harkesnu
Great game, all the elite 8 games and beyond were all exciting games.

Maybe we can turn into one of these ugly teams that plays good defense and can make 3 point shots.
Any style is beautiful if you're winning. My point was that if you could care less about the teams involved, then an ugly, defensive struggle is not all that enticing. But if NU was in an ugly, defensive struggle, I'd love it!

That all said, I guess it wasn't such an ugly game after all last night. Good for everyone!

Clutch shots indeed!! The end of the game was great.

But that first half ... I know the story was great defense, but I can't decide if it was the defense or just some ugly basketball.

I don't think people will be talking about Virginia defense in five years. It's solid, but nothing mind blowing.

Clutch shots indeed!! The end of the game was great.

But that first half ... I know the story was great defense, but I can't decide if it was the defense or just some ugly basketball.

I don't think people will be talking about Virginia defense in five years. It's solid, but nothing mind blowing.

It’s a combination of really solid defense, an effective, methodical offensive, and top-notch basketball players that fit the system. But make no mistake, what Bennett has created there is absolutely remarkable! He’s upstaged Duke AND UNC in the ACC...did anyone think that was possible?

Reactions: Dugan15
It’s a combination of really solid defense, an effective, methodical offensive, and top-notch basketball players that fit the system. But make no mistake, what Bennett has created there is absolutely remarkable! He’s upstaged Duke AND UNC in the ACC...did anyone think that was possible?

Amen. Bennett is a class act as a person & as a coach. He can coach the players up and has a system that permits UVA to beat the premier athletes at other ACC schools with very good talent but not talent equivalent to UNC, Duke, FSU, Louisville (at least until this year) and probably even VA Tech & NC State.
Really admired the fact that about 3 years ago he dismissed a 6' 11" transfer from Memphis who scored, rebounded & blocked shots but got into some trouble even though Bennett had no other strong post player to replace the guy. Even without the rim protector at the back of the pack line, UVA still had a pretty good season.
Glad for both my law school alma mater & for NU, that Bennett rejected Wiscy when Ryan left.

Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
UVA had the best guards in the tournament and they can really shoot. Oh that we had such a lineup!

Reactions: IGNORE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT