Predictions: BG @ NU

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
It's Wednesday, so time to prognosticate:

It's tempting to predict a Bowling Green massacre, but we all know better:

NU 27
BGSU 23

Given that BGSU will try to run the ball and kill clock, I anticipate a low scoring game (which, of course, means it wlll be a shootout!)

Us 21
Them 7

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
NU 52, BGSU 17

Cats get back on track with a vengeance.

7-7 at the half as Fitz tries to outmuscle BGSU with a power between the tackles running my game. They open up the playbook in the second half and end up winning 24-14.

Reactions: 2388bb and rmndcat
We are going to score at least one touchdown, in spite of difficulty in the red zone. They will score more. They will surprise, as we are confused.

Bugs 24
NU 17

7-7 at the half as Fitz tries to outmuscle BGSU with a power between the tackles running my game. They open up the playbook in the second half and end up winning 24-14.
Glide, this is so typical. Who is "they"?

Last edited:
Glide, this is so typical. Who is "they"?
Fitz and McCall. The offensive decision makers. Yes, it is typical. I never claimed to have imagination.

I may be a grumpy pollyana but I remain a pollyana. I will not predict a Cats loss.

Go Cats!

I don't even know honestly. We know BG is going to throw the shit out if the ball, and the Cats cannot stop the pass. Until we have some sort of rush, cannot assume the defense will stop the pass.

The question is can NU score. BGSU has a pretty porous defense, but the OL still scares me.

All that said, 40-33 Cats

Reactions: rmndcat
It's Wednesday, so time to prognosticate:

It's tempting to predict a Bowling Green massacre, but we all know better:

NU 27
BGSU 23
Can NU's OL open up even the small holes needed by JJ to make our offense viable. We cannot win without running the football, so far we have not really done that (barely enough against Nevada). BGSU will have lots of promising tape to watch - I never pick against the 'Cats, but this one scares me. Fingers crossed.

If JJ is indeed nursing an injury, and it seems to be all speculation at this point, then it wouldn't be the worst thing to limit his carries against BGSU, and with a bye week looming next week, would give him extra time to be at 100% against Bucky Badger. On the other hand, I hope he is 100% healthy already and goes off for 200 yds in 3 quarters against BGSU, then turn it over to Larkin and Moten to run out the clock.

If JJ is indeed nursing an injury, and it seems to be all speculation at this point, then it wouldn't be the worst thing to limit his carries against BGSU, and with a bye week looming next week, would give him extra time to be at 100% against Bucky Badger. On the other hand, I hope he is 100% healthy already and goes off for 200 yds in 3 quarters against BGSU, then turn it over to Larkin and Moten to run out the clock.
I'd love that; but, did you watch our OL against Duke? There was no running room - none - not for any back to gain anything, much less 100 + yards. I have never witnessed worse play from our OL in our running game, and I go back to the early '70s watching NU football. What makes you think we can improve in one week?

Reactions: rmndcat and 2388bb
Cats might not win again this season. Face it. Unless there is a significant turnabout.

I take it you will be accepting my screenname wager then? FYI,this is also open to anyone else if mickbula gets cold feet, as the board justice warriors typically do. Me 3+ wins this season. You:3 wins or less. Loser gets to change the winner's screenname

Reactions: mickbula
I don't even know honestly. We know BG is going to throw the shit out if the ball, and the Cats cannot stop the pass. Until we have some sort of rush, cannot assume the defense will stop the pass.

The question is can NU score. BGSU has a pretty porous defense, but the OL still scares me.

All that said, 40-33 Cats

Have you seen BGSU play? Passing is NOT their strength.

Haven't seen anything so far this season that indicates the Cats are capable of winning:

BG - 17
NU - 10

This is nonsense. We stunk last week. The season isn't over.

Can't we just tell the guys on the team that they stink so that they get angry/mean and actually start kicking some ass? I realize that the season isn't over- far from it. This team is obviously one of the most talented ever to play for NU. But what is wrong with them? Why did we lose to ISU last year? Why didn't they show up to play Duke last week? Will someone give these guys a frickin' peptalk or get somebody like the Waterboy to ignite a fire in them so that they actually get a chip on their shoulder and play like they did against Pitt in the bowl game last year?!! Let's go and get it done!! Beat BG and then upset PSU and Wiscy!!! Let's go Cats!!!

Reactions: HappyNUyear
Haven't seen anything so far this season that indicates the Cats are capable of winning:

BG - 17
NU - 10

Well, there was the winning in Week One. But I understand the frustration after the Duke game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT