ADVERTISEMENT

Priebe in portal

That is a tough loss. I wonder if it was a mistake to keep the staff intact through the bowl game.
I don't think so. While his statement is cryptic, my interpretation is that Priebe is wanting Anderson to stay. It makes sense that a guy who was recruited by Anderson and FItz 4 years ago would be loyal to Anderson. If Braun had let Anderson go earlier, I suspect Priebe would have immediately announced.

This is quite a strong statement though.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
While I am probably a minority of one on this board, I don't think we should fire the OC.

But if we do, Braun is doing the right thing saying "Here is the coaching squad till now, fire or keep whomever you want".

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
While I am probably a minority of one on this board, I don't think we should fire the OC.

But if we do, Braun is doing the right thing saying "Here is the coaching squad till now, fire or keep whomever you want".
“In the minority” is quite the understatement. You’re like a black rhino traipsing about the Swedish Alps.

Whatever. Priebe isn't good enough to center a coaching decision around
I agree. While it sounds like he would stay if his coach remained with the staff there is no guarantee Priebe would stay if he received a really attractive offer from another program. You have to factor in the impact $$ of NIL offers and the potential of “moving up” to a top 20 program.

Reactions: Jaguar 88
Braun is looking at the results of this year (and perhaps the past 2), and in that context it's tough to justify keeping coaches whose units aren't performing up to expectations.

These next 2 years are the years for Braun to fix up the staff and get it ready for the new RF when he brings the team home.

Making staff changes (esp on offense) is key this year.

Letting them coach through the bowl game makes sense to me.

Reactions: stpaulcat
I am beginning to think there is money in becoming a ghost writer for transfer portal social media notices.

A unique mix of templated technical writing, short autobiography and historical fiction.

If I make the career switch, it will be an incredibly difficult decision as I've had many wonderful years both in ministry and fitness, but also believe it is time to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to explore a new path.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think there is money in becoming a ghost writer for transfer portal social media notices.

A wonderful mix of templated technical writing, short autobiography and historical fiction.

If I make the career switch, it will be an incredibly difficult decision as I've had many wonderful years both in ministry and fitness, but also believe it is time to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to explore a new path.
Already exists, it's called ChatGPT.

Swedish Alps? I don't get it. Is this like a Germans bombed Pearl Harbor thing?
sweden carl GIF

Very strong statement from Priebe.
Well written and heartfelt.
Classy, intelligent player raising the middle finger to the clownish outsiders running the football program.
Very politely.

Some of you fellas can see that forest over there but don't see that it is made up of trees.

The OL is a weak link. Even if he is the best, which I don’t buy, he is simply the tallest midget. See ya Josh. Let’s try someone else in his spot - OL can’t get worse.

Reactions: PurpleFaze
Very strong statement from Priebe.
Well written and heartfelt.
Classy, intelligent player raising the middle finger to the clownish outsiders running the football program.
Very politely.

Some of you fellas can see that forest over there but don't see that it is made up of trees.
Isn't Braun making the call here?

I fully respect Priebe's statement and his decision. But it's also Braun's decision as to how he shapes the coaching staff.

Braun said he wanted to keep the staff fully in place for the bowl game because the whole staff had earned it. Then he'll make changes moving forward while filling open positions.

Braun has 2 seasons to shape his staff before new RF opens. He knows that's really when the rubber meets the road for the program. It's best to get through staff changes sooner than later and have a stable staff in 2 years time that he's comfortable with...

The only coach whose employment may be decided from above is probably MacPherson given what happened last offseason...

Isn't Braun making the call here?

I fully respect Priebe's statement and his decision. But it's also Braun's decision as to how he shapes the coaching staff.

Braun said he wanted to keep the staff fully in place for the bowl game because the whole staff had earned it. Then he'll make changes moving forward while filling open positions.

Braun has 2 seasons to shape his staff before new RF opens. He knows that's really when the rubber meets the road for the program. It's best to get through staff changes sooner than later and have a stable staff in 2 years time that he's comfortable with...

The only coach whose employment may be decided from above is probably MacPherson given what happened last offseason...

My feeling is that Braun has been told that "This guy and That guy are gone."
Keeping the coaching staff intact thru the bowl game is a no-brainer.

You need an updated offensive scheme to compete realistically in the new B1G. We just added 2 new CFB superpowers and 2 historical CFB powers. Our mountain to win the B1G went from climbing Mt. McKinley to climbing Everest. You won't get there with who we have as OC now. Bajakian didn't have Fitz around this season and only gave us 3-4 whole games worth of really good offense, if that. Innovation is needed to get the recruiting back on track. We will never get another Persa or Thorson til we get a better system. We won't even get top portal transfers.

You need an updated offensive scheme to compete realistically in the new B1G. We just added 2 new CFB superpowers and 2 historical CFB powers. Our mountain to win the B1G went from climbing Mt. McKinley to climbing Everest. You won't get there with who we have as OC now. Bajakian didn't have Fitz around this season and only gave us 3-4 whole games worth of really good offense, if that. Innovation is needed to get the recruiting back on track. We will never get another Persa or Thorson til we get a better system. We won't even get top portal transfers.
Actually Denali is probably tougher than Everest. The weather on Denali is some of the worst on the planet. Storms that last a week with 100 mph winds and - 50 windchill are not unusual.

• Wow
Reactions: mountaindrew
We won't even get top portal transfers.

Other than Ben Bryant I guess.
Certainly he was one of the 10 best transfer QBs this season.

Brennan Armstrong of NC State, Devin Leary of Kentucky, Sam Hartman of Notre Dame, DJ Uiagalelei of Oregon State, Shedeur Sanders of Colorado, Payton Thorne of Auburn and Ben Bryant of Northwestern.

Those are the top transfer QBs. Not in any particular order.

Actually Denali is probably tougher than Everest. The weather on Denali is some of the worst on the planet. Storms that last a week with 100 mph winds and - 50 windchill are not unusual.
Climb it in the summer. The Irish are planning a trip to the sun at night.

My feeling is that Braun has been told that "This guy and That guy are gone."
Keeping the coaching staff intact thru the bowl game is a no-brainer.
I'm just skeptical that Gragg is involved at that granular a level... because he doesn't want to have responsibility for anything. That's at least how he's played all of this since he got here; trying to avoid responsibility until something blows up and embarrasses the University (see the baseball tire fire).

And Braun comes off as a pretty blunt guy; yeah every coach adds coach-speak to their vocab, but he's been about as blunt and forthright as can be to this point. So if he basically talks about it as if he'll be making the decisions, then I don't see why I wouldn't take him at his word.

Braun hasn’t been told how to handle his staff outside Bajakian, who pissed the wrong people off with the Fitz t-shirt situation and how he handled himself afterwards.
IF he was at a football factory and IF he didn’t suck, Jake might survive. He won't

Braun hasn’t been told how to handle his staff outside Bajakian, who pissed the wrong people off with the Fitz t-shirt situation and how he handled himself afterwards.
Good thing that T-shirt was made then.

It would be pretty sad though if the only reason he isn’t coming back is the T-shirt and not his incompetence and a unwillingness to tolerate it.

Good thing that T-shirt was made then.

It would be pretty sad though if the only reason he isn’t coming back is the T-shirt and not his incompetence and a unwillingness to tolerate it.

It’s not the only reason he isn’t coming back. It’s why his departure was essentially mandated to Braun by others.

Oh Jeez that awful, horrible no good tshirt. Oh the humanity.
And people wonder why the targets at HC weren’t willing to get involved with NU! Seems we may get the same responses for our Coordinator positions. It will be a perceived up and comer as taking the job under these conditions is a risk for an established in demand guy.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
I appreciate that you took the time to clarify what came across as an attempt to antagonize.

I wasn't sure if you were disagreeing with my statement that "Keeping all the coaches thru the bowl game is a no-brainer" or my statement that Braun has been told to fire "this guy and that guy."

Sounds like you declared me "incorrect" because Braun will only been forced to fire one guy, not two?

On the other hand, is Priebe basically telling us that Braun is going to terminate Anderson?

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT