ADVERTISEMENT

Pro cats

Does Spencer have a degree from NU? Kopp left before getting one if I remember correctly.

Kopp doesn't have a degree from NU. I don't think Spencer does either as he was only there for the one year before playing pro ball overseas.

Reactions: Hkjb
It absolutely is, I just couldn't find any info on him finishing one at NU.
Nor could I. I saw Spencer described as a Northwestern basketball alum.
Usually the feature articles mention the diploma specifically, but I haven't found that.

For the sickos, Boo makes his Suns debut against Spencer and the Warriors on ESPN2 at 10 Central tonight.

Audige and the Bulls play at 330 Central against Milwaukee on NBA TV.

Reactions: MC_Cat
I haven't watched a lot of summer league games and omg these guys are all playing 1 on 5 so far. Terrible basketball.

Spencer didn't play.

Boo had a rough shooting night, made some good passes that didn't turn into points (and a couple of bad passes), and did mostly ok on defense but got blown by too often, and the overall defense wasn't particularly good on knowing their assignments or switching.

I dunno, he was the second best point guard on the team tonight. If his shooting were on, it would have been much closer.

Spencer didn't play.

Boo had a rough shooting night, made some good passes that didn't turn into points (and a couple of bad passes), and did mostly ok on defense but got blown by too often, and the overall defense wasn't particularly good on knowing their assignments or switching.

I dunno, he was the second best point guard on the team tonight. If his shooting were on, it would have been much closer.
I saw most of the third quarter, nothing more. I agree with your assessment that Boo was second-best at his position on the Suns. There were a few times where he tried to clear some space and drive, and he couldn’t get the step.

Phoenix plays Indiana on Tuesday at 330 Central, ESPNU.

The Bulls lost to Golden State today, 92-82. Audige committed a foul and went minus-8 in three minutes. 😢

It appears that Spencer might go DNPCD the rest of the way. He hasn’t played since a huge summer debut last week.

No “pro cats” play on Monday, unless you count Kopp (nobody counts Kopp). Kopp went 0-5/0-3 from 3 with two steals and an assist in 17 minutes in a blowout loss on Saturday.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Pete Nance had a 8pt/7rb/19min Friday night while the Cavs were blown out by Orlando.

He also had a 14pt/3rb/20min Sunday night in a blow out win against Milwaukee.

Reactions: ricko654321
I saw most of the third quarter, nothing more. I agree with your assessment that Boo was second-best at his position on the Suns. There were a few times where he tried to clear some space and drive, and he couldn’t get the step.

Phoenix plays Indiana on Tuesday at 330 Central, ESPNU.

The Bulls lost to Golden State today, 92-82. Audige committed a foul and went minus-8 in three minutes. 😢

It appears that Spencer might go DNPCD the rest of the way. He hasn’t played since a huge summer debut last week.

No “pro cats” play on Monday, unless you count Kopp (nobody counts Kopp). Kopp went 0-5/0-3 from 3 with two steals and an assist in 17 minutes in a blowout loss on Saturday.
I think Spencer might have an injury but haven't seen anything about it online. They really keep summer league injuries close to the vest!

Reactions: NUCat320
The team looked pretty bad in general. Mostly just guys driving into traffic and turning it over or jacking up bad shots and watching the Warriors score on another fast break. He was 1 for 2 on his drive-floater move and the two threes I saw him take were good looks.

Hopefully he has a better night tomorrow.

Chase was pretty aggressive defensively in his brief three minutes. Offensively, he positioned himself pretty well for open looks, but whoever had the ball was never looking his way and he didn't pull down any rebounds.

Hopefully he has a better tomorrow night as well.

Lots of bad basketball to watch over the past weekend with just a small handful of players obviously better than the rest.

DNPCD for Kopp today.

Cormac Ryan, who was basically a Cat, was 1-for-7 in 20 minutes for OKC.

I love seeing all those guys hanging out, if even just briefly. I hope they're having a blast.
I dig the NU Men's hoops IG sharing photos like this out. Great affirmation of the bond these guys have across generations (Reggie Hearn! Joe Branch! Jordan Ash!), as well as seeing Ryan Young and Pete Nance standing shoulder to shoulder again. (Oh, how many threads we chewed up pondering how to get those guys to click together on the floor.)

Boo is on ESPNU at 3 Central (that’s 15 mins!) and Chase and the Bulls play at 530 on NBATV/ESPN+.

Last edited:
I can't watch it, but from the play by play and box score, Boo is the worst Sun on the court today. What a bummer.

I can't watch it, but from the play by play and box score, Boo is the worst Sun on the court today. What a bummer.
Two Suns from the Big Ten

Boo Buie 18 minutes, 1 of 7 from floor for 4 points, 0 Asst, 2 TO, 1 steal, 5 fouls... Minus 26.
Tyson Walker 22 minutes, 3 of 10 from floor for 8 points, 4 asst, 2 TO, 3 steals, 5 fouls... Plus 22.

That hurts a bit.

Son of a biscuit I didn't realize there was a game last night and didn't see that!

So sad.

edit: looking at the box score, seems like most of the guards did well, but Boo was better on assists and steals, and the one with no turn overs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT