ADVERTISEMENT

Pro Football Focus - Mock Draft - 2 Cats

I was listening to a local sports talk show the other day, and VanHoose's name surprisingly came up. One of the radio guys (Lance Zierlien) also does work with the NFL Network, and he mentioned VanHoose as a player who may be retiring from football because of concussion issues. He admitted it was speculation, but he said it was something brought up by an NFL scout he talked to, and a possible reason why VanHoose didn't participate in Northwestern's pro day.

I was mainly shocked to hear a discussion about Northwestern football in Houston, but also surprised because I had never even read this type of speculation here on the NU boards. I know VanHoose's last play as a 'Cat was when he suffered the concussion in the Illinois game, but he then had another, separate injury (thumb) in bowl practice.

With the exception of the top guys on the board, PFF appears to have eschewed the traditional DE and DT designations for EDGE (which is extra letters) and DI (which I have decided means defensive interior). Presumably, these changes make them look like insiders. (DI is particularly weird - I would think INT would suffice if EDGE suffices.)

I can only hope these confusing new designations get further redesignated as ED and ISAAC. It seems to me that WILL, MIKE and SAM could use some new friends.

Football is so weird.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT