ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is hanging with Iowa

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
I actually think Hazell might be okay. They've had some real stinkers, but they're also in their second straight competitive contest against a top 20 team... And they hung with MSU and beat Nebraska, to the extent that that means anything.

There's obviously a question of track record with him - I think he only was a head man for three years at Kent State - but if he's given a chance to build something at a place where literally one guy had ever built something - I think he might. There something to be said for the Dantonio model, though Hazell started in a deeper hole than MD got.

Updated to include: Beathard completed two third-and-9s while I was typing, the last one for a 30ish-yard TD to his fullback. CJB is a player.

Updated again to include: and it was apparently all downhill from there

Last edited:
There's obviously a question of track record with him - I think he only was a head man for three years at Toledo - but if he's given a chance to build something at a place where literally one guy had ever built something - I think he might. There something to be said for the Dantonio model, though Hazell started in a deeper hole than MD got.

He was actually at Kent State, and for just 2 seasons. But if he could win at Kent, he should be oK at Purdue......

He was actually at Kent State, and for just 2 seasons. But if he could win at Kent, he should be oK at Purdue......
I corrected above...
Though I kept 'three' years because it's accurate that that's what i thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT