ADVERTISEMENT

Question about 2-3 Teams

WildAboutThePurple

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2018
I wonder how many teams have started a season 2-3 and ended up finishing at 10-3? Lets be happy this team stuck together. Most teams would have folded at 2-3. To me this is one of the most impressive seasons in the history of NU football. 10 more pts against Wisconsin and we would have been in Indy. Too bad we couldnt have played them late in the season when we had hit our stride.
Get well soon Clayton, we have all the teams we need to beat to get to Pasadena coming to Evanston in 2018.

Go Cats!!!

I wonder how many teams have started a season 2-3 and ended up finishing at 10-3? Lets be happy this team stuck together. Most teams would have folded at 2-3. To me this is one of the most impressive seasons in the history of NU football. 10 more pts against Wisconsin and we would have been in Indy. Too bad we couldnt have played them late in the season when we had hit our stride.
Get well soon Clayton, we have all the teams we need to beat to get to Pasadena coming to Evanston in 2018.

Go Cats!!!
Quite possibly the best home schedule in the program's history. If it isn't, it's certainly on the short list.

Quite possibly the best home schedule in the program's history. If it isn't, it's certainly on the short list.

Hopefully NU has a strong and creative marketing push to capitalize on this schedule. We have a final top 20 ranking to market, 2 consecutive bowl victories and longest active P5 winning streak. First and foremost they need to push to increase NU season ticket sales to try to keep the stands as purple as possible.

Then it will be interesting to see what they do to market or package the individual home games. We may never have seen a year in recent history with this combo of well traveling teams at home. Will they package them with either Duke or Akron? Will they create other 2-3 game partial season packages?

Reactions: BigCatCT
Since you mentioned the schedule...if people don't stop scheduling weddings on football Saturdays, I'm going to slap someone. It was funny for the first couple of weddings, now I'm just pissed. When did fall become THE time to get married?

Reactions: StreamCat
Since you mentioned the schedule...if people don't stop scheduling weddings on football Saturdays, I'm going to slap someone. It was funny for the first couple of weddings, now I'm just pissed. When did fall become THE time to get married?
They're too cheap to pony up for a June wedding?

Reactions: rmndcat
Hopefully NU has a strong and creative marketing push to capitalize on this schedule. We have a final top 20 ranking to market, 2 consecutive bowl victories and longest active P5 winning streak. First and foremost they need to push to increase NU season ticket sales to try to keep the stands as purple as possible.

Then it will be interesting to see what they do to market or package the individual home games. We may never have seen a year in recent history with this combo of well traveling teams at home. Will they package them with either Duke or Akron? Will they create other 2-3 game partial season packages?
Living in the area, I have already heard of the groundswell for season tickets next year. People are buying for 1-2 games( usually ND and Michigan) and will pawn the rest. Expect to see a ton of opposition fans when the locals sell on the secondary for profit.

I was especially thrilled to be ranked higher than Stanford in the final polls! Think that we should have been ranked above msu- which was just higher at 16. Great season. Great bowl game. A lot of fun to be an NU football fan!

Reactions: rmndcat
I wonder how many teams have started a season 2-3 and ended up finishing at 10-3?

You normally see this in the smaller conferences, where a team drops a few tough non-conference games and then sweeps its conference schedule. This year, for example, Florida Atlantic started 1-3 and ended up 11-3. It's very uncommon in major conferences like the Big Ten and is quite an achievement for NU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT