ADVERTISEMENT

Question regarding tie breakers for 4th spot

Mr Wickerpark

Dec 28, 2016
Assuming we beat Purdue.

Illinnoy is pounding msu tonight.

Wisconsin could lose to iowa.

And everyone in front of us play eachother the last game.

If we are tied with wisconsin....who gets the double bye?

Assuming we beat Purdue.

Illinnoy is pounding msu tonight.

Wisconsin could lose to iowa.

And everyone in front of us play eachother the last game.

If we are tied with wisconsin....who gets the double bye?

Us. First tiebreaker is head-to-head.

What gets confusing is if we land in the same spot as Wisconsin, Minnesota, and/or Michigan State. Then I think it's cumulative record against the other teams with whom we've tied.

Ok so msu lost and if we beat purdue and wisconsin loses at iowa then we will finish tied for 4th since msu plays maryland and wisconsin plays minny.

A 3 way may cancel out head to head if it involves wisconsin. Then what?

Unless I have miscalculated, one of the many positives of tonight's win is a guarantee of finishing no lower than 6th, even if we lose and Michigan wins this weekend. This ensures we will play a team that will have played on Wednesday. Naturally we all want to finish higher, but no lower than 6th gives us a material advantage in our first BTT game.

Go Cats!

So I guess the bottom line is, in the unlikely - but hardly impossible - event that everything falls the right way over the weekend, is the double bye still a possibility?

Reactions: Mr Wickerpark
So I guess the bottom line is, in the unlikely - but hardly impossible - event that everything falls the right way over the weekend, is the double bye still a possibility?
Depending on a 3 way tie, yes. Im assuming minny wins its game tonight. If it loses out then we will move in front without a tie. If that indy finish didnt happen, we'd possibly get second place. We can beat purdue.

Depending on a 3 way tie, yes. Im assuming minny wins its game tonight. If it loses out then we will move in front without a tie. If that indy finish didnt happen, we'd possibly get second place. We can beat purdue.
. . . and just when I thought that couldn't possibly hurt any worse . . . :mad:

Wow. So amazingly everything fell perfect for the cats to be in position to get the 4th seed.
Now, only 2 things need to happen. Us win and minny beating wisconsin.

Unbelievable. This may be our year. Yea, we are in the madness but its not unreasonable to suggest that we can be BTT champs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT