ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Thoughts for Saturday's Game

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
I loved the way we played last week against Maryland, how our defense looked so much better and got four takeaways from a team that had barely turned the ball over prior to that. I also am really pleasantly surprised at how the offense has grown. It's still got a long way to go, but we've seen a lot of improvement the last two weeks, and credit to Lausch for taking care of the ball and not turning it over.

All that said, I have a bad feeling about this one on Saturday. After a year plus with Fickell, it looks like Wisconsin is finally figuring it out and playing really good ball. Rutgers isn't a great team, but they are a tough team that plays hard and doesn't make things easy for their opponents, and Wisconsin just whooped them from the jump...Locke looks like the real deal and their defense has been playing more like Wisconsin defense's of old.

I feel like a 28-7 type loss may be incoming. I, of course, would love to come back here on Saturday and celebrate how wrong I was (and I will do it if we win). But this is one of those rare games where I really just have a bad feeling about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.