ADVERTISEMENT

Ran Into Fitz Today

nu greek

Gold Member
Nov 11, 2001
Today my daughter and I had the good fortune to run into Coach Fitz in downtown Wilmette. He was having lunch with a friend and he looked great and was his usual enthusiastic self. He was totally Pat Fitzgerald. Remembered me and said that I looked great, I have lost 70 lbs. since I last saw him two years ago. We exchanged pleasantries and my daughter and I went to eat, after I mentioned to him how much I missed his presence at NU as HC. He thanked me and again was his fired up self. When we left, Fitz was still there and I kiddingly said, "I hear there is a school in search of an A.D.", and he looked at me with a smile and said basically that will never happen. I wished him well and gave my best to him, his wife and sons. He thanked me and the conversation ended without his familiar "Go Cats" which just seemed odd from all our previous conversations through the years. I should have foreseen it. What I saw from Pat was a complete and utter disdain, anger, lack of any connection and almost hatred to the University he gave his all to. I don't blame him one bit. He isn't perfect and can be arrogant without doubt, but his Alma Mater treated him like scum and until Schill, Gragg, Hagerty and Barris are terminated, we are watching the destruction of a Man who bled Purple, but will now bleed Green for all $$$ he will receive and unfortunately Black and Gold as IMO Iowa's next HC. Shame on you NU Administration.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.