ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings

Chuckster1973

May 3, 2018
The athletic just posted their top 68 teams in basketball for the upcoming season and Northwestern doesn't even appear in that list. Quite surprising that we're not even in the top 68.

I don't think it's crazy that NU wasn't in their 68.

This was their attempt at a pre-season prediction for the field of 68, so it included all the mid-major entries. This will be a weekly thing.

According to the Athletic, NU will need to beat out Ped State or Wisconsin for the last two of seven B10 spots.

I think you also need to ask whether the conference gets seven bids.

I don't think it's crazy that NU wasn't in their 68.

This was their attempt at a pre-season prediction for the field of 68, so it included all the mid-major entries. This will be a weekly thing.

According to the Athletic, NU will need to beat out Ped State or Wisconsin for the last two of seven B10 spots.

I think you also need to ask whether the conference gets seven bids.

A fair question, but if it does, one of those bids will land in Evanston.

Reactions: Sec.112
The athletic just posted their top 68 teams in basketball for the upcoming season and Northwestern doesn't even appear in that list. Quite surprising that we're not even in the top 68.
All set to sneak up on them

24th in BPI!

Although BPI has a Loyola team returning Custer/Townes/Krutwig/Williamson 80th behind DePaul so I can’t imagine BPI is the least bit credible, but I’ll dream!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT