ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons I'm excited about NU Football and Remain Optimistic...

torque-cat

Dec 11, 2018
1. This is the biggest transition year we've had in a long time. We lose an all big ten caliber QB, the most production in the big ten and an all-time great DC in Hank. It's life in college football where unless you are 'Bama, OSU or the like, you are always playing with very little margin for error, injury, loss...

2. We found a QB in Marty. If he's not injured he is solid and the entire team looked different with his leadership and swagger. Hard for any team to win without a confident, capable QB. Personally I believe Fitz game HuJo a shot because he looks good when the pressure's off and may have NFL arm talent so there was a very high ceiling. It didn't work and he went to his ace in the hold in Marty--lower ceiling but much higher floor.

3. We've won 2 big ten west titles in 3 years, 3 top 25 finishes in 4 years have winning records in the past decade vs most of the big ten and have an amazing W-L record in close games, we win bowls games almost every year and we finished top 10 last season.

4. All combined I think Fitz has built the best all around program in college football. Top 10 football last year, amazing facilities, top graduation rates every year, amazing player experience (supported by the number of siblings that player under Fitz), we offer the fewest schollies of any program due to the retention and graduation rates.

5. College football is back after a crazy Covid year with fans in the stands, I'm gonna enjoy it best I can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News