ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit involved in Minny Scandal picks B1G school

Purple Pile Driver

Gold Member
May 14, 2014
Anywhere but the Rant Board
After reading that report, wouldn't touch this guy ( no pun intended). I guess the Hoosiers don't mind. Not good for one of the initial recruits for Allen. Must have learned a few things in the Southeast.

The recruit would most accurately be described as Rapist #2 in the script.
He apparently was videotaped in what appeared to be a consensual portion of the evening so "rapist" is not technically accurate. However, his thoughts of what a recruiting trip should include and his apparent expectations of what college life will be like make him a gamble at best.

In my opinion, bad start for the new Indiana coach. If he ends up being another Claey, then IU may be missing Kevin Wilson sooner rather than later.

Reading the report I don't quite agree that his having sex with her was 100% consensual. Was it rape. Maybe. Did she want sex with hm. Prolly not.

Reading the report I don't quite agree that his having sex with her was 100% consensual. Was it rape. Maybe. Did she want sex with hm. Prolly not.

From her testimony, she was vulnerable and cornered from the beginning. Did she make some bad choices, probably. Did she deserve to be treated the way they did, I don't think so.

It doesn't take much imagination to believe that getting recruits laid is a fairly standard part of the process in some systems.

He apparently was videotaped in what appeared to be a consensual portion of the evening so "rapist" is not technically accurate. However, his thoughts of what a recruiting trip should include and his apparent expectations of what college life will be like make him a gamble at best.
My skimming of the first 20 pages of the report says:
a. None of it was consensual
b. He 'joined in' while she was involved with rapist #1

None of them will be convicted, so none is a rapist in the eyes of the law. I guess he's just 'guy you'd never ever trust in the same room as your daughter'.

My skimming of the first 20 pages of the report says:
a. None of it was consensual
b. He 'joined in' while she was involved with rapist #1

None of them will be convicted, so none is a rapist in the eyes of the law. I guess he's just 'guy you'd never ever trust in the same room as your daughter'.

Or want him anywhere near a university I root for!

Reactions: phatcat
It was very easy for people to check and see that there was only one recruit on a visit to Minnesota when that incident occurred.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT