ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit Roundup: O'Rourke shines in 1 vs. 2 showdown

I don't think he would have made the move without assurances of a starting position.
There are no assurance of starting positions. He was most likely given a scholarship, but no promise of a starting position

He is.

O'Rourke is a monster against the run. Just dominated a very good line at the point of attack. He uses his length exceptionally well. LWE produces great line play. Arguably the illini's best lineman is Allegretti, a Griffin.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I don't think he would have made the move without assurances of a starting position.
Every recruit is making the move there. They can't promise every player a position. Jango got a full scholarship there. He arrived in January of his Junior year. He won the Will spot in Spring ball. He went home fur a summer break, when he returned two new backer were there They brought in a four star Will linebacker. Jango ended up starting every game, but there aren't any positions promised. Every week the backers would be graded. The ones with the highest grade each week would start. You fought every week to start.

I'll say it now - O'Rourke could be the best DE ever for the Cats.

Whoa. I love DO, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm just a dumb fan so I can get away with saying stuff like this. Even if someone like Fitz were thinking the same thing he would (should) not say it publicly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT