ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Braun vs. 51

You’re 100% correct. Really hoping Jackson has some influence.

Also, you can’t miss on the guys you bring in. We brought in 3 OL and only one is of BIG Ten quality (and he got hurt). 😕

I’m also frustrated that we didn’t replace Tyus and Gill. While not All-Americans, we miss the depth they would have provided.
Agreed on Tyus and Gill but I think Komalafe and Covey seemed sufficient. Both have obviously not played up to that level to this point.

Agreed on Tyus and Gill but I think Komalafe and Covey seemed sufficient. Both have obviously not played up to that level to this point.
They’ve also both been hurt. Football is a game of attrition and You can’t go into a season with only 3 Big Ten Caliber WRs and 2 every down backs. That’s a recipe for disaster.

You’re missing the point. We needed two more bodies to replace them on the roster (in addition to Komo and Covey who were already here). Look at our injuries at WR and RB…the roster was short handed from day one.

Reactions: hdhntr1
Oh no! We’re trying to hold the line on having real standards in this f’d up era of college sports!! 🙄 (Having standards is a good thing.)
They're not students anymore. They're pro athletes. Go get the best. Enough of this letting Admissions determine our athletic program.

Reactions: Eurocat
They’ve also both been hurt. Football is a game of attrition and You can’t go into a season with only 3 Big Ten Caliber WRs and 2 every down backs. That’s a recipe for disaster.
We have two Big Ten caliber receivers, both rotation guys, neither of them scary or feature guys, and one starting Big Teb caliber back. We do have a second back who is a Big Ten caliber returner and gadget back. This is… an ongoing problem.

They're not students anymore. They're pro athletes. Go get the best. Enough of this letting Admissions determine our athletic program.
They are not pro athletes… yet. The court ruling, currently on hold, will tell us more about the future of college athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT