ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thoughts

PZAZ

Jul 5, 2014
We have multiple high quality recruits coming for official visits. Reminds me of when we recruited nance, kopp, et al six years ago. Potential for a great class.

We have multiple high quality recruits coming for official visits. Reminds me of when we recruited nance, kopp, et al six years ago. Potential for a great class.
How Northwesterny of me is it to think that that group didn't pan out too well and so maybe a good recruiting class could be a curse? 😟

Reactions: pschatz25
How Northwesterny of me is it to think that that group didn't pan out too well and so maybe a good recruiting class could be a curse? 😟
I would look at it with two different thoughts. One, Collins learned from that one and will approach and them differently. And two, like with our transfer quarterbacks, some do quite well!

I would look at it with two different thoughts. One, Collins learned from that one and will approach and them differently. And two, like with our transfer quarterbacks, some do quite well!
Oh, without question, your response here is the more reasonable take. Mine is a paranoid insecurity brought on from years of abuse. But... two NCAAs in a row and a solid team this year clearly shows this is a new Northwestern!!

Reactions: NUCat320
Recruiting very different type of players but I get the comparison. Collins learned some important lessons from that class, which really, as a whole, underachieved. Players were good but very limited. Not especially athletic.

Recruiting very different type of players but I get the comparison. Collins learned some important lessons from that class, which really, as a whole, underachieved. Players were good but very limited. Not especially athletic.
I tend to think it was more of not having the developed Buie alpha dog quite yet, and more of a team gelling issue (mostly due to one personality). A number of these players (including the one with the personality issue) are still getting pro opportunities and we (as I and a few others have said many times) were very, very close to breaking into the win column on many of the games in those non-NCAA years. I would agree our players had some limitations, but I think we had very good players though just not quite a good enough team for these reasons, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT