ADVERTISEMENT

Reggie Hearn

It is a two way contract. No guarantee that he actually plays on the main roster but definitely getting closer!
Forgive, my lack of knowledge, but what is a two-way contract? Is it like the old contracts they had where the team picked you up for 10 days or something like that?

Obviously loved him at NU. He looks great-leaner, stronger. Thx for something to be happy about!

Thanks, learned something today ! So it appears to be a fairly significant pay bump if I am reading this correctly.
Right. It's a pay bump and a specific connection with an NBA team. I think the implication is that he's a second-tier prospect among G-League players. He's no longer free to sign with anyone on a ten-day deal, but he's also an injury away from the NBA.

He also now appears as a sixth-string two-guard on the Pistons' unofficial depth chart. NU hasn't had that since Esch retired.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/depth-chart/DET/detroit-pistons

He also now appears as a sixth-string two-guard on the Pistons' unofficial depth chart. NU hasn't had that since Esch retired.
I think that tells us all we want to know about the "talent gap" between the Cats and most of the Big Ten. And that gap still exists as I don't see a future NBA player on our current roster.

DTspnycWAAEg2AU.jpg:large

We need more Reggies and fewer Scotties.....

He gave you a tourney berth, you old crank. You're an ass.
Though I am not inclined to refer to other posters as donkeys, I certainly see where you are coming from. It's as if Fitzphile conveniently forgot when we were 2-5 while Scottie had mono last year and everyone could not wait for him to return. Never mind the fact that he has clearly been playing hurt, Fitzphile has zero idea what is going on behind the scenes, and the fact that Scottie is STILL our leading scorer! But meh, he appears moody sometimes, so that is enough to convict in the court of the artist formerly known as NJCat. "Scottie has LOST THIS TEAM!"....

Well it sounds like he's going to our first NBA player in decades. The Pistons are finalizing a deal for him from the G league. Congrats to one of our all time greats and my favorite hoops walkon! What an amazing story.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ons-sign-reggie-hearn-two-way-deal/109466482/

Not sure what this says about BC”s recruiting that his one nba player was a kid who just happened to randomly exist in the student body? (Although I seem to recall that it was arranged and not accidental).

Not sure what this says about BC”s recruiting that his one nba player was a kid who just happened to randomly exist in the student body? (Although I seem to recall that it was arranged and not accidental).

I remember when Reggie Hearn joined the team, someone on this board reported that Jitim Young said something to the effect of, "Hearn can really ball!" I believe that I responded saying that this was nice to hear and all, but Carmody only goes 8 guys deep...so Hearn wouldn't play significant minutes and it didn't really matter aside from a little more competition in practice. Ha!

Go Reggie! Go 'Cats!

Good for Reggie! I'd never heard of these new two way deals either. They seem like a good way for the NBA to potentially milk a little bit more from the young talent available each year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT