ADVERTISEMENT

Repeat Champs!!

DocCatsFan

Oct 26, 2006
Congrats to Pat Goss and the men's golf team on winning the Windon Memorial! They beat a nice field of teams. Special congrats to All American Jack Perry who was individual second place and Matt Fitzpatrick who came in 3rd individually. I followed Matt around a bit yesterday and this kid is the real deal.

After serving as a spotter on 15th hole I walked in with young Fitzpatrick. Every single putt the young man hits looks like its going in. On 18 he was just in left rough, 175 to pin, and hit 8 iron (tho the putt lipped out). Kid weighs all of 145 lbs and hits it great. What a career he has ahead of him. . .

Originally posted by Smolmania:

After serving as a spotter on 15th hole I walked in with young Fitzpatrick. Every single putt the young man hits looks like its going in. On 18 he was just in left rough, 175 to pin, and hit 8 iron (tho the putt lipped out). Kid weighs all of 145 lbs and hits it great. What a career he has ahead of him. . .
Seems we met. I was with him too. Remarkable player. Short game is phenomenal.

Originally posted by Smolmania:

On 18 he was just in left rough, 175 to pin, and hit 8 iron (tho the putt lipped out). Kid weighs all of 145 lbs and hits it great. What a career he has ahead of him. . .
That's a 6 iron shot for me. I guess that's one of the many differences between the #1 amateur in the world and an ordinary amateur hacker like me. Kid's got game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT