ADVERTISEMENT

Report from today's final spring practice

"Which begs the question: If a team holds spring practice and practically no one is there to see it, did it really happen?"

Well played, Lou.

Actually, if you look at the photo, it appears the practice was well attended. But, hey, far be it from me to interrupt your whining...
I'll end my part of this discussion with, well if you or anyone think that it was a good thing to cancel a open scrimmage/practice, your wrong. missed a chance of live coverage on the BTN, shut out their ST holders and fans the experience of seeing the 2016 Cats and disappointed the hundreds of kids who planned on attending the FB clinic, along with their families and friends. Just to bad.

1. A balmy 20 degrees at the end of spring camp. This is why I'm thrilled to live in the south. *bow*

2. Pleased with the report on Thorson's progress. I think he's going to end up being a really fine QB for NU -- maybe even a record-setter. He is getting his sea legs under him now.

Now just gotta wait through the long drought until fall camp....

Go Cats! Go Vols!

Reactions: StreamCat and TheC
I'll end my part of this discussion with, well if you or anyone think that it was a good thing to cancel a open scrimmage/practice, your wrong. missed a chance of live coverage on the BTN, shut out their ST holders and fans the experience of seeing the 2016 Cats and disappointed the hundreds of kids who planned on attending the FB clinic, along with their families and friends. Just to bad.

Besides the fact that I doubt anywhere near that number of people would have turned out for temperatures in the 20s, the higher-quality practices will pay much bigger dividends for the program long-term.

I would gave turned out in -20 degree weather to see Gladescat, as long as there was free beer and lobster.

1. A balmy 20 degrees at the end of spring camp. This is why I'm thrilled to live in the south. *bow*

2. Pleased with the report on Thorson's progress. I think he's going to end up being a really fine QB for NU -- maybe even a record-setter. He is getting his sea legs under him now.

Now just gotta wait through the long drought until fall camp....

Go Cats! Go Vols!

How did your guys look in Spring camp?

I would gave turned out in -20 degree weather to see Gladescat, as long as there was free beer and lobster.

You would have bitched about me as much as Willy bitches about no Spring game, pot holes in the West Lot, and our kicking game.

How did your guys look in Spring camp?

Still in the middle of it. Kinda hard to tell, we have a lot of starters (more than 10) out injured or recovering from post-season surgery. In spite of that, D is looking really promising, offense mixed--run game very good, passing game still questions about whether Dobbs can take that final step to being a complete dual threat QB (more consistency with accuracy of downfield passes). Special teams, not much to tell other than our place kicker is improved at long range. *thumbs up*

Because of the injuries, may not have a spring game at the end of the camp...maybe just a glorified public practice with a bit of 'three ring circus' air to it (we did something similar last spring, also because of higher than normal # of injuries).

Still in the middle of it. Kinda hard to tell, we have a lot of starters (more than 10) out injured or recovering from post-season surgery.
We must have really done a number on your team in the bowl game to have so many players injured heading into the offseason....Sorry our boys hurt so you bad...;)

Seriously, thanks for the update. I've seen the "way too early" predictions for 2016, and the expectations are high for the Volunteers. I'll be rooting for you all against 'Bama. Two questions about your schedule. First, how are they planning on playing a football game at a Nascar track? Second, will the SEC be transitioning to a nine game conference schedule, like the Pac12 and the Big Ten have now done?

We must have really done a number on your team in the bowl game to have so many players injured heading into the offseason....Sorry our boys hurt so you bad...;)

Seriously, thanks for the update. I've seen the "way too early" predictions for 2016, and the expectations are high for the Volunteers. I'll be rooting for you all against 'Bama. Two questions about your schedule. First, how are they planning on playing a football game at a Nascar track? Second, will the SEC be transitioning to a nine game conference schedule, like the Pac12 and the Big Ten have now done?

I don't think so, Beetle. Think we'll be staying at 8 conference games for the time being. Maybe in a couple of years they'll consider it again.

Really looking forward to the "Battle at Bristol." Word is, there will be somewhere between 140k and 160k people in attendance. An event, for sure.

I'm just glad we have the whole off-season to recover. :)

Still in the middle of it. Kinda hard to tell, we have a lot of starters (more than 10) out injured or recovering from post-season surgery. In spite of that, D is looking really promising, offense mixed--run game very good, passing game still questions about whether Dobbs can take that final step to being a complete dual threat QB (more consistency with accuracy of downfield passes). Special teams, not much to tell other than our place kicker is improved at long range. *thumbs up*

Because of the injuries, may not have a spring game at the end of the camp...maybe just a glorified public practice with a bit of 'three ring circus' air to it (we did something similar last spring, also because of higher than normal # of injuries).

Well, of you're going to have a ton of people injured, spring is the time. Hope they all recover soon, since I believe you will have a special season if they do.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Really looking forward to the "Battle at Bristol." Word is, there will be somewhere between 140k and 160k people in attendance. An event, for sure.

Are they going to allow RV's on the infield around the football field during the game? Would bring a whole new dimension to tailgating....;)

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT