ADVERTISEMENT

Returnees So Far.....

NJCat83588

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
They are up to Sean McEvilly on the Senior count-down, so I thought it would be good to summarize what we know about potential 5th year returners. Here are the players eligible for a 5th year who aren't being recognized as graduating Seniors:

Austin Carr
Chris Fitzpatrick
Joseph Jones
Greg Kuhar
Connor Mahoney

Terrance Brown, Stephen Buckley and Adam DePietro will graduate.

Still to come:
Mike McHugh
Jack Mitchell
Ifaedi
Eric Olson
Ian Park
Jaylen Prater
Christian Salem
Andrew Scanlan

Park and DePietro are both listed as juniors on this year's roster. Don't know how they would be graduating unless they're taking extra courses and planning on early graduation.

Park and DePietro are both listed as juniors on this year's roster. Don't know how they would be graduating unless they're taking extra courses and planning on early graduation.
They both came on campus in 2012, so their natural graduation is 2016.

They are up to Sean McEvilly on the Senior count-down, so I thought it would be good to summarize what we know about potential 5th year returners. Here are the players eligible for a 5th year who aren't being recognized as graduating Seniors:

Austin Carr
Chris Fitzpatrick
Joseph Jones
Greg Kuhar
Connor Mahoney

Still to come:
Mike McHugh
Jack Mitchell
Ifaedi
Eric Olson
Ian Park
Jaylen Prater
Christian Salem
Andrew Scanlan

Mike McHugh will not return.

Wow, with McHugh and Buckley not coming back, the only returning WR with any sort of experience is Carr. This year's crop of freshman WRs, Nagel, Fessler, Green and Roberts will get a lot of playing time next year. Our WR commitments in the current class also have a great opportunity to come in and play right away if they prepare themselves. I would not mind getting another WR in this class given this news.

I realize that, but they took a redshirt season and aren't going to use it? That is certainly possible, I guess, but doesn't make much sense, especially since Park has been seeing a lot of game action.

Park should be coming back...DePietro was a surprise...some are speculating his injury was a contributing factor in his decision.

I'm beginning to think this whole twitter announcement thing is bogus.
Who works like this?

I don't think the vast majority of fans pay close enough attention to know who is graduating and who is not and would even notice that some of these are breaking news.

Park should be coming back...DePietro was a surprise...some are speculating his injury was a contributing factor in his decision.

OK, if the injury was that severe I can see that happening as I understand he was out for the rest of this year. Too bad if he does have to leave. I've kind of followed him because he's from our area.

Wow, with McHugh and Buckley not coming back, the only returning WR with any sort of experience is Carr. This year's crop of freshman WRs, Nagel, Fessler, Green and Roberts will get a lot of playing time next year. Our WR commitments in the current class also have a great opportunity to come in and play right away if they prepare themselves. I would not mind getting another WR in this class given this news.
fessler would be getting plenty of time this year if fitz didnt choose to redshirt him. him starting next year is almost automatic. very good and better than advertised.

OK, if the injury was that severe I can see that happening as I understand he was out for the rest of this year. Too bad if he does have to leave. I've kind of followed him because he's from our area.
My understanding is that DePietro's ankle was badly broken and required reconstructive surgery. Can't blame him for deciding to retire.

Also, there could be others who will switch to WR from another position. Yates could be one.

I realize that, but they took a redshirt season and aren't going to use it? That is certainly possible, I guess, but doesn't make much sense, especially since Park has been seeing a lot of game action.

I agree with you. I think Park will be back. But until you see confirmation on the NU Sports twitter feed, you just don't know. And some kids just want to get on with their life, take their degree and start a career. Very, very few NU players will make the NFL a career.

Austin Carr
Chris Fitzpatrick
Joseph Jones
Greg Kuhar
Connor Mahoney

Still to come:
Mike McHugh
Jack Mitchell
Ifaedi
Eric Olson
Ian Park
Jaylen Prater
Christian Salem
Andrew Scanlan

Good news: looks like Mitchell will return, they just posted Jeff Mogus.....

12186423_10153798013173701_8124952916413056162_o.jpg

fessler would be getting plenty of time this year if fitz didnt choose to redshirt him. him starting next year is almost automatic. very good and better than advertised.

I'll bet you $100 Fessler doesn't start game 1 next year and won't start a single game unless he's forced into a starting role due to injuries

Austin Carr
Chris Fitzpatrick
Joseph Jones
Greg Kuhar
Connor Mahoney

Still to come:
Mike McHugh
Jack Mitchell
Ifaedi
Eric Olson
Ian Park
Jaylen Prater
Christian Salem
Andrew Scanlan

Whew! Ifaedi will return!!! ZO now on twitter.

Good thing you're in practice every day?

Any chance that some players haven't decided yet and they want to walk senior day with this class and then could decide to come back for another year? Perhaps just wishful thinking

Do we know if all of those tweeted will actually have graduated by next June? I sure hope so. What does NU do if one of them won't graduate by then?

I'll bet you $100 Fessler doesn't start game 1 next year and won't start a single game unless he's forced into a starting role due to injuries

Whoa, that's discouraging. Someone is going to have to start because we are losing the entire starting WR Core ( except Carr who sometimes starts). Have to think one of the youngsters gets the role.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT