ADVERTISEMENT

Rich Rod Out at UA

Based on what is published in this article, it looks like the sexual harassment claim would have trouble sticking. The woman describes an incredibly demanding boss that made her life hell. That is not sexual harassment. They would need to find the book that states “Title IX does not exist.” Logically, I don’t see why a football coach would have such a thing.

https://sports.yahoo.com/arizona-re...g-rich-rodriguez-claim-filed-2-025802900.html

But, he was on the bubble anyway. Then losing to Purdue. It probably did not take much to push the AD over the edge. But the lack of evidence creates a $6M buyout payday for Rodriguez.

Still on the logic arguments... the claimant refusing to cooperate with the investigation while she prepares a civil case against Rich Rod also brings her credibility into question. She wanted him to get his buyout and then settle with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hungry Jack
Based on what is published in this article, it looks like the sexual harassment claim would have trouble sticking. The woman describes an incredibly demanding boss that made her life hell. That is not sexual harassment. They would need to find the book that states “Title IX does not exist.” Logically, I don’t see why a football coach would have such a thing.

https://sports.yahoo.com/arizona-re...g-rich-rodriguez-claim-filed-2-025802900.html

But, he was on the bubble anyway. Then losing to Purdue. It probably did not take much to push the AD over the edge. But the lack of evidence creates a $6M buyout payday for Rodriguez.

Still on the logic arguments... the complaintant refusing to cooperate with the investigation while she prepares a civil case against Rich Rod also brings her credibility into question. She wanted him to get his buyout and then settle with her.

Well, he admits to an extramarital affair, which, although it's not like this is anything thousands of other men and women across the country have not done, is not the type of behavior you want to enter the public domain when you have a fan base that is already unhappy with the direction your program is headed.

Well, he admits to an extramarital affair, which, although it's not like this is anything thousands of other men and women across the country have not done, is not the type of behavior you want to enter the public domain when you have a fan base that is already unhappy with the direction your program is headed.
Agreed. But still not sexual harassment. The claimant mentions the extra-marital affair and states that others helped him try to cover it up. She does not say that he required her to try and cover it up for him.

Apparently she felt the job was unreasonably demanding and that it negatively impacted her health. For the record, that applies to my job as well and probably many of yours. "Sexual harassment" is a highly charged phrase right now. If she does not have specific proof of that allegation, she is leaving him little option other than to counter-file to clear his name. Extra-marital affair does not have near the negative impact on his future employment opportunities as "sexual harassment" has.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Agreed. But still not sexual harassment. The claimant mentions the extra-marital affair and states that others helped him try to cover it up. She does not say that he required her to try and cover it up for him.

Apparently she felt the job was unreasonably demanding and that it negatively impacted her health. For the record, that applies to my job as well and probably many of yours. "Sexual harassment" is a highly charged phrase right now. If she does not have specific proof of that allegation, she is leaving him little option other than to counter-file to clear his name. Extra-marital affair does not have near the negative impact on his future employment opportunities as "sexual harassment" has.
But being fired by two programs for not meeting expectation has a pretty negative impact

I actually have no idea what he did at Arizona and I doubt you do either unless you have inside sources there. If so, good for you. He might not have done anything to the woman at all. On the other hand, he's been running around on his wife and might not be a person of particularly high character. I think I'd let it play out before making a judgment one way or another.

I actually have no idea what he did at Arizona and I doubt you do either unless you have inside sources there. If so, good for you. He might not have done anything to the woman at all. On the other hand, he's been running around on his wife and might not be a person of particularly high character. I think I'd let it play out before making a judgment one way or another.
Please re-read my post looking for judgement. None there. Where I extrapolate using basic logic arguments, I have clearly called that out. I am quoting a single source which is linked. Using that source as my only source, I am creating a post in an attempt to promote discussion.

If we let things play out before discussing them, then the board would be a very quiet and boring place.

But being fired by two programs for not meeting expectation has a pretty negative impact
The argument could be made that he made of ASU about what could be made of ASU. He was totally not a fit at UM. That was on the AD.

I have seen this movie a few times with Mrs. Jack, a labor and employment attorney. She has received complaints of sexual and racial harassment from different individuals, and after investigating them, generally found employees who were upset with the working conditions and treatment by superiors, but had no substantive claim of racial or sexual harassment (there were other claims from others that have been legitimate).

Not trying to minimize what has come to surface lately, nor what African Americans and other minorities have had to deal with on the job. But it is easy enough to throw these allegations out there without getting sound legal input first.

Here are some more sordid details in the linked ESPN article:

"The former employee on Thursday filed a $7.5 million notice of claim with the state's attorney general's office alleging Rodriguez ran a hostile workplace. A notice of claim is a legal document that signals a lawsuit will be filed.

According to a copy of the notice of claim obtained by ESPN, the woman says Rodriguez forced her to keep his extramarital affair a secret while also groping and attempting to kiss her among other actions that made the woman uncomfortable.

The claim includes an allegation that players on the team sent the woman screenshots of their genitalia and illicit overtures via text message and that when she went to Rodriguez to intervene, he ignored her.

After a January 2017 incident during which the woman alleged Rodriguez "touched the side of her breast and tried to kiss her," he offered her $300 and "begged" her not to tell her husband or his wife about the incident, but she declined to take the money."​

So RichRod had an extramarital affair, then asked his employee (who was also married) to keep it secret while touching her boobs and trying to kiss her. What a pig.

Reactions: TXnumbCAT
Here are some more sordid details in the linked ESPN article:

"The former employee on Thursday filed a $7.5 million notice of claim with the state's attorney general's office alleging Rodriguez ran a hostile workplace. A notice of claim is a legal document that signals a lawsuit will be filed.

According to a copy of the notice of claim obtained by ESPN, the woman says Rodriguez forced her to keep his extramarital affair a secret while also groping and attempting to kiss her among other actions that made the woman uncomfortable.

The claim includes an allegation that players on the team sent the woman screenshots of their genitalia and illicit overtures via text message and that when she went to Rodriguez to intervene, he ignored her.

After a January 2017 incident during which the woman alleged Rodriguez "touched the side of her breast and tried to kiss her," he offered her $300 and "begged" her not to tell her husband or his wife about the incident, but she declined to take the money."​

So RichRod had an extramarital affair, then asked his employee (who was also married) to keep it secret while touching her boobs and trying to kiss her. What a pig.
Very different from the initial article that I linked. If she has proof of what she is alleging, then the University of somewhere-in-the-desert may be able to get their buy-out back. I wonder why they did not wait until after more of this came out to officially let him go. It could cost them $6M. Strange.

it's being reported that he walked around the office in his underwear and played with himself in front of female workers. Also threatened other workers with dismissal if they said anything about his affair.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
Good news for Mich. They can hire him as OC. Last guy to have an offense there, and they clearly have no standard of conduct :);):D

it's being reported that he walked around the office in his underwear and played with himself in front of female workers. Also threatened other workers with dismissal if they said anything about his affair.

Who does this kind of stuff? Geez, what a DickRod.

Who is reporting this? I know that I kind of started this but I am getting with PaWildcat. We started with an initial article which seemed at odds with a claim of sexual harassment which I found interesting and now we are up to "its being reported" that he pranced around the office in his underwear?

Did I miss a "/s" on this?

Who is reporting this? I know that I kind of started this but I am getting with PaWildcat. We started with an initial article which seemed at odds with a claim of sexual harassment which I found interesting and now we are up to "its being reported" that he pranced around the office in his underwear?

Here's a report (the report?).

Diana Moskovitz has done excellent reporting on the USA/MSU gymnastics sexual abuse case.

https://deadspin.com/former-assistant-says-rich-rodriguez-grabbed-his-penis-1821744625

C'mon, Glide. This is a Fan Message Board. Slippery Slope conclusions are not just acceptable, but expected.

Reactions: GlideCat and DaCat
Sadly, we have reached the point where "reporting" no longer means "it has any basis whatsoever in truth".......
Deadspin is the kind of site where one should be wary, but I found the article compelling although it sickened me to read. For crying out loud, is it too much to ask for personal integrity from highly-paid public figures?

Here's a report (the report?).

Diana Moskovitz has done excellent reporting on the USA/MSU gymnastics sexual abuse case.

https://deadspin.com/former-assistant-says-rich-rodriguez-grabbed-his-penis-1821744625
What is described in that article is sexual harassment. It remains single source as it all comes from the claimant's statement. Now that he has been fired and no on else on the staff needs fear for their jobs from him (they may already be gone, too), it will be interesting to see how much corroboration is done. On the flip side, it will be interesting to see if her settlement request moves downward to more closely resemble the $6M buyout net that her refusing to work with the University got for Rodriguez.

I believe this article and the allegations of the woman.

DickRod is a sick puppy.

Triangle of ass clowns if you ask me.

Rich Rod authored something called a "Hideaway Book" that was re-published annually and enforced by a "Triangle of Secrecy"? If you want to keep stuff secret, maybe don't publish it in any form (written or digital). Oh! And, probably best not to title it "Hideaway Book".

Triangle of ass clowns if you ask me.

Rich Rod authored something called a "Hideaway Book" that was re-published annually and enforced by a "Triangle of Secrecy"? If you want to keep stuff secret, maybe don't publish it in any form (written or digital). Oh! And, probably best not to title it "Hideaway Book".
There is something about this printed book which just seems ridiculous to me. That would be an incredibly stupid thing to create. I will be interested in seeing if there is corroboration of its existence or a copy is found.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT