ADVERTISEMENT

Rittenberg: Collins close to three-year extension

Nope, players make the Coaches much more than the other way around. That doesn’t mean Coaches don’t make a difference, they do. 2-3 games won by a Coaching staff is a lot. Keep in mind that is against other professional Coaches, not me or Bob. Some Coaches can lose 2-3 games a year. So you can have a 5-6 game swing between poor Coaches and good Coaches. I personally underestimated The skills of Boo, Big Matt, Barney as examples. Despite this, we clearing did not have a consistent reliable 3 point shooter or much of an inside game at all, outside of Big Matt’s dunk on the lob. I will stand my claim that this was superb job by the staff. Don’t worry you will have plenty of time to downplay this year in the future.
Well I'll stand by my guesstimate that a really good coach can get 5 more points per game out of a given roster compared to an average coach. Thats definitely more than 2-3 wins a year. Just my opinion, I thought you had possibly reconsidered.

My hope is that last year was the turning point for NU (and Coach Collins) and that in the future 12-8 won't seem like such a big deal.

We played better with arguably less talent because Collins (and staff) modified its coaching philosophy to better match our players abilities. (In other words, Collins got much more out of his roster!) Thats a big step in the right direction and one reason why Collins (and staff) deserve credit - despite the reality that the offense was never really firing on all the available cylinders. And of course, he recruited the players, so that credit is automatic.

This thread sucks.

Last year was amazing, second or eighth.

Realistically, all we’re hoping as Cats fans is something to watch in March. And holy shit, we got something to watch in March.

What a great season, and an opportunity for better in 2023-24!

All I will remember about this year is Chase and Boo making us viable in every game this year.

It was an incredibly good year. What a run!

Why are people trying to tear it down/

I hope next year is like this year!

Carmody has been gone for over a decade and yet the battles rage on.....unreal.
Everyone needs to just
let it go GIF

Reactions: NJCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT