ADVERTISEMENT

Roberts

mybrotha

Jul 21, 2011
I have only been listening this year but it seems as if, at least during the last couple of games that Roberts has all be it briefly, provided an offensive spark to the team. I think Fitz can make a statement to his receiving core by playing some of the younger guys at that position. With a struggling QB the last thing that is needed are dropped passes and receivers covered in cement by the oppositions DBs. Fitz needs to jump start this team and when you make our receivers accountable, maybe just maybe our QB will look a little better.

I have only been listening this year but it seems as if, at least during the last couple of games that Roberts has all be it briefly, provided an offensive spark to the team. I think Fitz can make a statement to his receiving core by playing some of the younger guys at that position. With a struggling QB the last thing that is needed are dropped passes and receivers covered in cement by the oppositions DBs. Fitz needs to jump start this team and when you make our receivers accountable, maybe just maybe our QB will look a little better.
Roberts' catch on Saturday was of the 'run a route' variety, and not of the 'swing to the tiny fast guy' variety. I think that's a good thing.

It should be open on-field tryouts at the receiver spots. However, the backup RBs also need to see the field more, in the backfield or split.

We played essentially every healthy wideout yesterday, Youngblood and Wilson being the two exceptions I can think of off the top of my head. None of them got the job done, even our veterans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT