ADVERTISEMENT

Roll call for Madison

NURoseBowl

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2009
Hoping we have a nice purple turnout at Camp Randall for what is ostensibly our most important game of the year. Getting out of there with the upset would REALLY make things interesting, and relegate the Duke debacle to near irrelevance. Can't wait to get up there.
Edit: and for the record, I meant "Roll call". o_O

Last edited:
Hoping we have a nice purple turnout at Camp Randall for what is ostensibly our most important game of the year. Getting out of there with the upset would REALLY make things interesting, and relegate the Duke debacle to near irrelevance. Can't wait to get up there.
Click on then little wrench at the top of the thread and you can edit your title.

Reactions: nickcat4
My wife and I are going. We've had pretty good luck at road games (2009 Iowa, 2011 Nebraska, 2014 Notre Dame to name a few). It's our first game in Madison, if anyone has suggestions for things to do there. We probably won't have a lot of extra time in town though.

I had planned on going for a day trip, but my wife is having all kinds of issues this pregnancy, so I'll be watching with my 2 year-old at home. :(

My wife and I are going. We've had pretty good luck at road games (2009 Iowa, 2011 Nebraska, 2014 Notre Dame to name a few). It's our first game in Madison, if anyone has suggestions for things to do there. We probably won't have a lot of extra time in town though.
It's a day trip for me as well; I just shoot up there for the game and head right home afterward. If you get there a couple of hours before the game, they have a pretty large farmers' market in Capitol Square, which is a long walk from Camp Randall. Madison is a neat city, a beautiful college town, and the atmosphere in Camp Randall is terrific. Think you'll enjoy the visit, 25, and coming out of there with a win would be monumental. Safe travels.

I'll be there, as will Mr. and Mrs. PURPLECAT88.

I will be sitting in the press box, and when those students "Jump Around" at the start of the fourth quarter, that old press box rocks like an old ship. It's kinda scary.

Driving up from Lake Geneva Friday. Three UW and two Wildcat fans on board. We're heading straight for the Essen Haus to enjoy some good brews and maybe a polka or two. Safe travels to all.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
It's a day trip for me as well; I just shoot up there for the game and head right home afterward. If you get there a couple of hours before the game, they have a pretty large farmers' market in Capitol Square, which is a long walk from Camp Randall. Madison is a neat city, a beautiful college town, and the atmosphere in Camp Randall is terrific. Think you'll enjoy the visit, 25, and coming out of there with a win would be monumental. Safe travels.
Except for the large red clad people. many propelled by a six-pack.

Last edited:
Sounds like you've been hanging around Gophers too long, your vitriol has an familiar minnesota feel to it. :)
No, I like the badgers (second to the Cats), It's just that everything about a Wisconsin game is BIG. the players are big, the stadium is big, the noise level is big, the tubas are big, the fans are big, even the beer cans seem bigger than normal. It's like going to a Paul Bunyan reunion--and he's from Minnesota.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
We are going for a couple nights and probably do New Glarus as part of the trip.

Reactions: kreggk
No, I like the badgers (second to the Cats), It's just that everything about a Wisconsin game is BIG. the players are big, the stadium is big, the noise level is big, the tubas are big, the fans are big, even the beer cans seem bigger than normal. It's like going to a Paul Bunyan reunion--and he's from Minnesota.

Gotcha! Unfortunately, I have a tendency to read way more into things than they're intended. This was obviously one of them. My apologies. Good luck!

Making the trip with tailgate buddies. Will be at the bars on Regent Street before and after our road win.

Last edited:
Last game there when we won in the ice bowl, we went to their new student union. It seemed to be northeast of the stadium. Their band puts on a concert. On the balcony overlooking the band, they had a bar serving Spotted Cow and there was food served. A really neat college atmosphere.

The Badger fans have been very nice before the games. I have gone3 times and am 2-1. Some were really nasty after the last game.

I spoke with my ticket rep today, and she told me we'd sold out our entire allotment at Camp Randall. I don't know whether that's common or not, but, it looks like we'll have a nice turnout in Madison. Up to the guys now to send us home happy.

I spoke with my ticket rep today, and she told me we'd sold out our entire allotment at Camp Randall. I don't know whether that's common or not, but, it looks like we'll have a nice turnout in Madison. Up to the guys now to send us home happy.
Right, in the stratosphere, way up there in the corner of the end zone with the most drunken of Whisky fans. Have fun!

Reactions: Fitz51
Right, in the stratosphere, way up there in the corner of the end zone with the most drunken of Whisky fans. Have fun!

Actually, the drunken-most fans will be in sections O & P (student sections), while the majority of Wildcat fans will be seated in section X (behind and left of the NU sideline).

Actually, I got three tickets that were in section DD. A little high but won't be as loud. I think Wisconsin has spread our seats around rather than locate in one area like Ohio State does.

Thanks, RoseBowl. Someone else we talked to about Madison mentioned the farmers' market as well. If we can get on the road early enough we'll check it out. Safe travels to you too.

Will you be leaving before or after the start of the fourth quarter?

Last game there when we won in the ice bowl, we went to their new student union. It seemed to be northeast of the stadium. Their band puts on a concert. On the balcony overlooking the band, they had a bar serving Spotted Cow and there was food served. A really neat college atmosphere.

The Badger fans have been very nice before the games. I have gone3 times and am 2-1. Some were really nasty after the last game.

Note that you are referring to "Union South", which is indeed near the stadium and does have all the pre-game festivities - it is a great place to go, however . . .

The main student union is "Memorial Union" which is highly recommended for people who may only visit UW once - it's a bit of a hike from the stadium, but the union terrace is the iconic UW setting:
8753448282_0ca0b3a1c4_b.jpg

The farmer's market on the capital square is more of a Madison icon, less of a college experience, but still cool - tip: if you go, go counter-clockwise:
imgp90711.jpg

Reactions: LetsGoRed!
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT