ADVERTISEMENT

RPOs and total BS

scru

Sep 4, 2005
I hope the refs tomorrow are totally on top of this as ND runs a lot of RPOs and I don't want to have to smash my TV while watching the game.

Here is a pretty good article explaining the RPO and why it is difficult to defend, as it relates to the Bama - LSU game.

https://www.si.com/college-football...m&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_medium=social

However, check their first video example of how Bama runs this so well and you will see 2 OLs clearly beyond the zone where they become ineligible men downfield. F-ing BS!

I know Fitz has railed against this already this year. I hope the refs are on notice for tomorrow to watch for this.

Oh, and by the way Lane Kiffen, no I don't see you as an innovator with this, but a cheater. It is in your nature. I'd flag this crap every time.

I hope the refs tomorrow are totally on top of this as ND runs a lot of RPOs and I don't want to have to smash my TV while watching the game.

Here is a pretty good article explaining the RPO and why it is difficult to defend, as it relates to the Bama - LSU game.

https://www.si.com/college-football...m&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_medium=social

However, check their first video example of how Bama runs this so well and you will see 2 OLs clearly beyond the zone where they become ineligible men downfield. F-ing BS!

I know Fitz has railed against this already this year. I hope the refs are on notice for tomorrow to watch for this.

Oh, and by the way Lane Kiffen, no I don't see you as an innovator with this, but a cheater. It is in your nature. I'd flag this crap every time.

RPOs are a very big part of NU's offense as well.

Reactions: NDAFArly
And if our guys are down field when the ball is released, they should be flagged as well.

And if our guys are down field when the ball is released, they should be flagged as well.

So you started a thread to claim that if either team breaks the rules they should both be flagged?

tenor.gif

Just preempting the anger I'm anticipating tomorrow when I expect to see ND's O-linemen not getting penalized for being downfield on RPOs while they rack up big yardage on the plays. Just have a bad feeling about it based on what we saw against Duke.

So, yeah, I'm going into this game with a healthy and positive attitude.

Just preempting the anger I'm anticipating tomorrow when I expect to see ND's O-linemen not getting penalized for being downfield on RPOs while they rack up big yardage on the plays. Just have a bad feeling about it based on what we saw against Duke.

So, yeah, I'm going into this game with a healthy and positive attitude.
Big question would then be who are the refs?

Big question would then be who are the refs?

A really bad ACC crew.

ND fans aren’t happy because this crew has done multiple ND games (one earlier this season) & they are horrible.

They are the same crew who got multiple internet tweets about.

A really bad ACC crew.

ND fans aren’t happy because this crew has done multiple ND games (one earlier this season) & they are horrible.

They are the same crew who got multiple internet tweets about.

Maybe they'll be fed up with Domer whining and call a tight game against them.

Maybe they'll be fed up with Domer whining and call a tight game against them.

Actually, it has been the opposite.
They were disciplined by the ACC for poor performance for missing eight obvious holding calls by Vandy OL against ND, one that was all over Twitter where a Vandy TE grabbed the ND DE’s arm, swung him around & dragged him down, in the open field for everybody to see, injuring him, no flag.

Actually, it has been the opposite.
They were disciplined by the ACC for poor performance for missing eight obvious holding calls by Vandy OL against ND, one that was all over Twitter where a Vandy TE grabbed the ND DE’s arm, swung him around & dragged him down, in the open field for everybody to see, injuring him, no flag.
On average, a lax officiating crew will help ND. NU very rarely commits penalties, so they’ll get no breaks.

ND is 13th in fewest penalty yards per game, at 40. Nu is 2nd, at 30.)
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/698

Michigan is 112th and Ohio State 120th. Penalty yardage is not a predictive statistic.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT