ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Field

I will be interested to see how the Chargers do in the smaller soccer stadium in Carson. Maybe it will provide inspiration for smaller schools to build stadiums with a real home field advantage. It might also help some fringe schools avoid over-expanding like Rutgers.

New York City's Big Ten Team?

The bathroom situation should really be addressed at Ryan Field. Other than that it is fine.
agreed. Widen the concourses and improve the bathroom entrance and egress as well as size. But best sitelines and with the ramps on East side for example, far faster and easier egress than many other stadiums. We complain about parking but have you been to other stadiums? We have it so much better than many of them. Some people will never be satisfied

You are all class, not.

I guess you missed the /s meaning sarcasm. As noted by other Ryan Field neighbors, finding someone peeing in your backyard isn't a rare event.

I love living close to the RF, the excitement of game days, all the people headed to the stadium, and even the packed parking on the street. I just thought the

some neighbors would scream, not in my back yard. Screw them
comment was over the top, so I responded in kind in the moment.

BTW, occasional concerts would be fun and welcome IMHO.

I can honestly say I've never peed in anyone's back yard. Front yard sure, and on Waterboy's house and car, but never a back yard.

Reactions: ubercat
Sounds like you would have enjoyed a previous game at Duke a few years back. When they scored their first TD they set off a loud horn. Then they couldn't shut it off and the game was held up for a few minutes, until finally someone pulled the plug. Guess they didn't have much practice using that thing.

That was Vanderbilt.

I had forgotten about that. That was annoying as heck. But we got even and won the game on a call that the Vandy fans complain about to this day.

The stuck foghorn was hilarious! I think Vandy was screwed on that play on Persa, but then I don't care for many of the helmet-to-helmet calls in college football.

No. I am the King of Western Avenue.

Go back and read your post about Sanjay. It's egregiously thoughtless for two reasons:
1) Uninformed. If last night's performance does not enlighten you, consider that NU's success is largely predicated on defense--a role in which Sanjay excels. And contrary to your argument, he's nowhere near a black hole on offense, being second on the team in FG % and rebounds while shooting a respectable 36% for 3pt range. For a team that is short of healthy players, he is incredibly versatile and contributes on both ends of the court.
2) You trashed him on the public board. You trashed a senior captain who has survived and thrived in a coaching transition, developed his game significantly, and is an incredibly smart player on the court. At least have the sense to do it on the pay board, and not the public board where all others can bear witness to your hateful misguided idiocy.

Since I believe in constructive criticism, I will post this video of Sanjay and break it down for you:

Note Sanjay's position on the inbounds play. The Cats are playing man and his man is on the perimeter. Sanjay avoids the pick, the pass is late, and as Sanjay approaches his man he watches his man's eyes and hands, smartly interrupting the pass without ever seeing the ball. That's brilliant.

Then slow, short Sanjay tips the loose contested ball to himself, away from his player, and then wins the race to the basket.

Finally, notice how after this remarkable play, the great Tom Crean holds up his hands in deferential surrender. He knows his Hoosiers cannot match Sanjay's brains and underestimated athleticism.

14b851k.gif~c200

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT