ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Young vs Houston

I watched the first half and he did well. On another note: Houston's offense made me appreciate our coaching staff more. It seemed to be nothing more than relying on athletes to win 1:1.

Reactions: No Chores
I watched the first half and he did well. On another note: Houston's offense made me appreciate our coaching staff more. It seemed to be nothing more than relying on athletes to win 1:1.
UH's Big12 POY PG turned his ankle midway through the first half and didn't return. That impacted the ability of the rest of the team to run the offense effectively in his absence.

UH's Big12 POY PG turned his ankle midway through the first half and didn't return. That impacted the ability of the rest of the team to run the offense effectively in his absence.
When Boo went out, we still ran sets.

Reactions: drewjin
Kelvin Sampson was never a noted strategist.

Reactions: EagerFan
And that's not even mentioning the two other rotation guards that Houston lost earlier this year. If the Cats were down 3 rotation guards, I suspect the offense might not exactly purr either.

Reactions: ThirdCoast
And that's not even mentioning the two other rotation guards that Houston lost earlier this year. If the Cats were down 3 rotation guards, I suspect the offense might not exactly purr either.
Well we had two out of three for a stretch, and both starters.

Well we had two out of three for a stretch, and both starters.
C'mon, dude. Cats were never without Buie. He and Barnhizer played every game. Were without Berry and Langborg for 2 games and went 1-1 in those games against Maryland and Iowa. Not exactly the same as losing your 1st team All-American in addition to two other rotation guards in a Sweet 16 game.

Reactions: ThirdCoast
C'mon, dude. Cats were never without Buie. He and Barnhizer played every game. Were without Berry and Langborg for 2 games and went 1-1 in those games against Maryland and Iowa. Not exactly the same as losing your 1st team All-American in addition to two other rotation guards in a Sweet 16 game.
It is tough, but as we know injuries are part of the game.

Go Wolfpack!

Tomorrow, we are all NC State fans.

I thought Ryan Young was left on the court because the game was chaotic, no one was scoring, and he is a super senior who can help calm things down. They needed to just slow and settle down.

The team I am baffled about their offense is North Carolina. They are phenomenal in transition and can go on spurts of putting a ton of quick points on the board. But force them to play 5 on 5 and it seems the offense is just taking turns on going one on one.

I… don’t disagree and didn’t say so.

Our loss of two key starters was significantly more harmful than their loss of two bench guys, but obviously the loss of a best player in basketball is a whole other thing. It would be a silly argument to have since Houston was a way better team to start with.

Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT