ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Darnold recruited by Northwestern

BigNUFan51

Nov 29, 2015
Our coaches had him in for a visit before USC offered him. I love Clayton Thorson, but this kid looks like a future #1 overall pick.

Our coaches had him in for a visit before USC offered him. I love Clayton Thorson, but this kid looks like a future #1 overall pick.

Our coaches are excellent at talent identification. They were in on Darnold very early and were one of the first to offer. I think we had a decent shot at him until USC decided to take another QB in that class.

He probably chose wisely given how it's turned out. At least hard to say he chose poorly.

That's a huge difference - if the O line can step up next year, CT has a chance to be special.

If Thorson only had 10 sacks just think how much better he would be.

Thorson actually had the third most sacks in in the FBS. In fact the only QBs sacked more were Lamar Jackson and the kid from SJSU both of which get 15-20 carries a game.

Considering our offense wasn't particularly explosive or turnover prone and we were among the best in the country in penalties it would be huge if we could lower that number next year.

I love Thomson as our quartrback. Thought we were takin about Darnild?

Our coaches are excellent at talent identification. They were in on Darnold very early and were one of the first to offer. I think we had a decent shot at him until USC decided to take another QB in that class.

Yep, the kid has stones. USC already had a verbal from the highly touted Ricky Town. Some kids would have stayed away from that competition as Town had originally committed to Alabama and was considered a top 5 QB in the class. Town transferred to Arkansas right out of the gate. Ironically, it was just announced that Town is leaving Arkansas for a JUCO without every throwing a pass.

Yep, the kid has stones. USC already had a verbal from the highly touted Ricky Town. Some kids would have stayed away from that competition as Town had originally committed to Alabama and was considered a top 5 QB in the class. Town transferred to Arkansas right out of the gate. Ironically, it was just announced that Town is leaving Arkansas for a JUCO without every throwing a pass.

He's used to leaving Town eh?

Reactions: Hungry Jack
If he is transferring to a JUCO could grades be an issue?

If he is transferring to a JUCO could grades be an issue?

Usually just means the kid wants to continue practicing without sacrificing yet another year of eligibility because transferring D1-to-D1 would require him to sit out a year.

Maybe it's time NU offers a JUCO again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT