ADVERTISEMENT

Screw it - let’s just beat Duke

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Obviously it’s unlikely. Duke’s got home field advantage and momentum and a quarterback who’ll probably get drafted. But Duke is Duke in the same way tht Barney’s teams were still Northwestern — I’d love to be their Wake Forest.

Things I like so far:
- Cam and Henning look like legit portal wubs
- Bajakian is doing just a bit more with motion and misdirection
- Gallagher is playing like an All-American through two games; all those tackles last season were more “he’s a good football player” than they were just “well somebody’s gotta make a tackle sometime”
- The Sky Cats, or whatever the defensive backs were called a few years ago, legacy remains safe with this current crew
- SAKA SAKA SAKA SAKA SAKA

UTEP isn’t good. Rutgers isn’t good. It’ll be a miserably hot and humid afternoon.

But I’m content to believe and be excited for Saturday, for the first time since the NU-MSU opener.

Ditto. Even tho we start the week as 20 pt dogs. Lot of believers out there in Duke, I guess.

Or, on the other hand, non-believers...

Not so sure Rutgers isn't better than we give them credit for. Schiano is a very good coach and he is three years in. I have learned that the tendency is to rely too heavily on the prior years results. Rutgers beat Temple like a drum yet Temple usually plays tough. We'll see.

Not so sure Rutgers isn't better than we give them credit for. Schiano is a very good coach and he is three years in. I have learned that the tendency is to rely too heavily on the prior years results. Rutgers beat Temple like a drum yet Temple usually plays tough. We'll see.
It think if we had played UTEP first then Rutgers, the Rutgers game would have been much closer.

Obviously it’s unlikely. Duke’s got home field advantage and momentum and a quarterback who’ll probably get drafted. But Duke is Duke in the same way tht Barney’s teams were still Northwestern — I’d love to be their Wake Forest.

Things I like so far:
- Cam and Henning look like legit portal wubs
- Bajakian is doing just a bit more with motion and misdirection
- Gallagher is playing like an All-American through two games; all those tackles last season were more “he’s a good football player” than they were just “well somebody’s gotta make a tackle sometime”
- The Sky Cats, or whatever the defensive backs were called a few years ago, legacy remains safe with this current crew
- SAKA SAKA SAKA SAKA SAKA

UTEP isn’t good. Rutgers isn’t good. It’ll be a miserably hot and humid afternoon.

But I’m content to believe and be excited for Saturday, for the first time since the NU-MSU opener.

I think the biggest change during the UTEP game was Thompson replacing Franks at RT after halftime. Franks was awful against Rutgers and awful again against UTEP, the offense suddenly started clicking (especially running the ball) once Thompson was playing. At least gives some hope that the offensive improvement we saw in the second half might have some staying power, assuming the personnel change sticks.

I think the biggest change during the UTEP game was Thompson replacing Franks at RT after halftime. Franks was awful against Rutgers and awful again against UTEP, the offense suddenly started clicking (especially running the ball) once Thompson was playing. At least gives some hope that the offensive improvement we saw in the second half might have some staying power, assuming the personnel change sticks.
I can't believe what you are suggesting here..... Are you saying that we made a halftime adjustment????? And it worked?????

Agreed. Franks was horrendous against Rutgers and not noticeably better Saturday.

Never have seen a player get called out so badly as Franks did last Saturday. I was reduced to following the game via ESPN online, but came in here to get some commentary real time. [Redacted]. How did he get the starting role?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirtz being back was also a help.

Never have seen a player get called out so badly as Franks did last Saturday. I was reduced to following the game via ESPN online, but came in here to get some commentary real time. [Redacted]. How did he get the starting role?
We Did It Winner GIF by Emmys

Last edited by a moderator:
Vegas has us as almost 3 TD underdogs.... They certainly don't believe...

I'd love to see us put up a great fight!

Vegas has us as almost 3 TD underdogs.... They certainly don't believe...

I'd love to see us put up a great fight!
Our rotten team was a fumble into the end zone away from coming back against last season's 9-win Duke team.

Maybe this season's Duke is even better after beating Clemson, but I think the 'Cats might be better, too.

Reactions: drewjin
I'm glad we're playing Duke after this UTEP game.

But it's going to be a tall order to make a game of it given how good they've looked to this point.

I think us as 3 TD dogs is probably the right call given how the past 14 months has gone for this squad, would love to shock them down there though.

Ditto. Even tho we start the week as 20 pt dogs. Lot of believers out there in Duke, I guess.

Or, on the other hand, non-believers...
They have screwed us up enough. Time to return the favor. Hve to surprise people early as attrition will make things really hard later in the season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT