ADVERTISEMENT

Screw it - this team is pretty fun

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
“You play to win the game”, and NU hasn’t won much in conference, and goddammit they should have beaten Penn State and Maryland (again), but, for all the frustrations, that was a fun game to watch.

They play hard. They should have won a few more, but they play hard. It’s very different than what we saw the last few years, when they were so frequently listless.

Also, ROPER IS THE NEW LUMPKIN. Get him on the court. Dude got three offensive boards again today (one on his own miss), and he’s tough, and he’s willing to move the ball, and I want to see more of him. He posted a career-high with 27 minutes today.

It would be wholly reasonable to move on from CCC; not capitalizing on the tourney team due to so many recruiting misses is inexcusable.

But… the optimist/sadist/Wildcat fan in me, understanding that life is ultimately meaningless, is just starting to believe, again, just a little.

Kudos to the students. College basketball is fun.

I reserve the right to change my opinion again.

Yes, the players and staff deserve credit for the effort. We still need that star player. That’s what differentiates the top teams from the middle teams. Davis wasn’t left alone to score all those points. Chase and Roper were on him. He is just a great player. If Roper is not our best defensive player now, he’s in the team picture.

Yes, the players and staff deserve credit for the effort. We still need that star player. That’s what differentiates the top teams from the middle teams. Davis wasn’t left alone to score all those points. Chase and Roper were on him. He is just a great player. If Roper is not our best defensive player now, he’s in the team picture.

He's injured and up in Milwaukee. What a poor decision he made.

He's injured and up in Milwaukee. What a poor decision he made.
The Panthers are 6-12. If they move on from PB, is his son still a lottery pick, or does he need to come back to college for a healthy year to re-establish his place in the pecking order?

Hey, I can hope can't I?

The Panthers are 6-12. If they move on from PB, is his son still a lottery pick, or does he need to come back to college for a healthy year to re-establish his place in the pecking order?

Hey, I can hope can't I?
He’s still a lottery pick. Certainly a first-rounder.

CC has brought in a higher talent level, some of that is offset by the fact the Big 10 in general keeps improving in talent level. I felt going into the year this team could be a tourney team. Don’t see that in the cards unless we go on a huge streak, but this team is way better than the last 2-3 teams NU put on the floor. It’s definitely a fun group to watch imo

The biggest question now is can CC keep recruiting or even improve in that regard to maintain program momentum? Sadly with the de-commit that is now in question. He needs to find a couple good players in the portal this offseason in my opinion. MN also needs to make a nice leap to contribute a lot in the front court next year.

“You play to win the game”, and NU hasn’t won much in conference, and goddammit they should have beaten Penn State and Maryland (again), but, for all the frustrations, that was a fun game to watch.

They play hard. They should have won a few more, but they play hard. It’s very different than what we saw the last few years, when they were so frequently listless.

Also, ROPER IS THE NEW LUMPKIN. Get him on the court. Dude got three offensive boards again today (one on his own miss), and he’s tough, and he’s willing to move the ball, and I want to see more of him. He posted a career-high with 27 minutes today.

It would be wholly reasonable to move on from CCC; not capitalizing on the tourney team due to so many recruiting misses is inexcusable.

But… the optimist/sadist/Wildcat fan in me, understanding that life is ultimately meaningless, is just starting to believe, again, just a little.

Kudos to the students. College basketball is fun.

I reserve the right to change my opinion again.
I’ve changed my opinion. This sucks. Go Cats.

I’ve changed my opinion. This sucks. Go Cats.
Quitter! Embrace the suck.

After the football debacle, I’ll still hold on hope for this squad and the wrestling team.

We’re only four victories in the BTT away from the postseason! And I have a better feeling about our chances this year than I usually do given our squad is older (if we stay healthy).

Quitter! Embrace the suck.

After the football debacle, I’ll still hold on hope for this squad and the wrestling team.

We’re only four victories in the BTT away from the postseason! And I have a better feeling about our chances this year than I usually do given our squad is older (if we stay healthy).
A couple of snide comments to add. First, as Styre noted elsewhere

NU is 9-24 (.273) all-time at the B1G Tournament.

So all we have to do is win half as many as Northwestern has one in the last 24 years. Check ;)

I noticed you said "postseason" and not "the tourney", which got me to think that, perhaps the NCAA has an exception "I don't care if they won they CCG, they suck and are going to the NIT"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT