ADVERTISEMENT

Season ticket intent form due Friday

CappyNU

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2004
Chicago
So I just talked to my ticket rep, who said they expect there to be a waiting list for season ticket holders for the new arena. If you weren't a season ticket holder last year or this year, you'll be out of luck. Forms are due Friday for those who haven't submitted yet.

Anybody have any sense or information about what the "hot" ticket level is going to be, or any impression about the sections that give the best "bang for the buck"? Obviously, there are a number of donation levels, from $0 to $6,000 or more, but I'm curious about what people are hearing or thinking regarding the demand for seats at particular levels.

Actually asked my rep basically this same question, but they understandably don't have much of a sense for how this'll shake out yet. Like with any other arena, I have to believe that the seats between the free throw lines will be in the highest demand, of course, but given the size of the place, you'd be hard-pressed to find a bad seat anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised, really, if there turned out to be a bit of a run on the cheapest seats, as even the "worst" seats in the place are still closer to the floor than the average seat at most other Big Ten venues.

Actually asked my rep basically this same question, but they understandably don't have much of a sense for how this'll shake out yet. Like with any other arena, I have to believe that the seats between the free throw lines will be in the highest demand, of course, but given the size of the place, you'd be hard-pressed to find a bad seat anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised, really, if there turned out to be a bit of a run on the cheapest seats, as even the "worst" seats in the place are still closer to the floor than the average seat at most other Big Ten venues.
Or at Allstate Arena

So I just talked to my ticket rep, who said they expect there to be a waiting list for season ticket holders for the new arena. If you weren't a season ticket holder last year or this year, you'll be out of luck. Forms are due Friday for those who haven't submitted yet.
I seriously doubt there will be any waiting list for this team unless nu holds back a few thousand tickets for single games.

I'm sure there's a few in the selection 1 or 2 groups out here. My ticket rep suggested if you're automatically in the selection 1 group, you should be conservative with your donation amount and see what seats you select in the future.

He suggested I commit to no donation, and then pay based on my seat choice - not what I think my choice may be.

That was news to me, however, there's an option when you make no donation that you will choose from "non-donation seats." Honestly, I don't trust NU enough, and I thought something would be lost in translation if I didn't make a donation.

But I thought I'd throw it out there for consideration.

I'm sure there's a few in the selection 1 or 2 groups out here. My ticket rep suggested if you're automatically in the selection 1 group, you should be conservative with your donation amount and see what seats you select in the future.

He suggested I commit to no donation, and then pay based on my seat choice - not what I think my choice may be.

That was news to me, however, there's an option when you make no donation that you will choose from "non-donation seats." Honestly, I don't trust NU enough, and I thought something would be lost in translation if I didn't make a donation.

The whole process is extremely confusing and convoluted to me, and what I'm hearing from my rep is not consistent with what is on the website. I will be on the phone with her when I'm filling the intent form out to make sure I don't screw this up.

Sounds as if he is looking out for you. As I read it, If you have enough years as a ST holder that you have priority (like over 20 years) it would look like you would be picking in Group 1. Then, I would think you have the option at selection of picking a seat and paying the required donation for that set of seats. But if you are in a lower group, like zero to 4 years as a ST holder you would be picking last with no donation (group 5) and if able to get seat that requires a donation, would be required to commit to the required donation to get that set of seats. Donation required to move up a category $100 would get you to group 4 which includes those that have have been ST holders for 5-9 years. To get to pick with group 3 have to commit to donation of at least $600 by tomorrow (or have at least 10 years as a ST holder) So at this point donations are needed just as a means of moving up in the selection process. Again that is my reading of the process.

Anyone know how to find out which selection group I'm in?
If you have been a ST holder 0-4 years you are in group 5. 5-9 years group 4. 10-14 years group 3. 15-19 years group 2 and more than 20 years group 1.

But it seems to me if you are low on years, you can pay to move up in the pecking order.

Sounds as if he is looking out for you. As I read it, If you have enough years as a ST holder that you have priority (like over 20 years) it would look like you would be picking in Group 1. Then, I would think you have the option at selection of picking a seat and paying the required donation for that set of seats. But if you are in a lower group, like zero to 4 years as a ST holder you would be picking last with no donation (group 5) and if able to get seat that requires a donation, would be required to commit to the required donation to get that set of seats. Donation required to move up a category $100 would get you to group 4 which includes those that have have been ST holders for 5-9 years. To get to pick with group 3 have to commit to donation of at least $600 by tomorrow (or have at least 10 years as a ST holder) So at this point donations are needed just as a means of moving up in the selection process. Again that is my reading of the process.
I wouldn't be so sure of those groupings. Many long time FB, St holders were denied parking passes because they didn't come up with a$6,000 "donation".

But it seems to me if you are low on years, you can pay to move up in the pecking order.
Yes. But if you are already at the top (20 years plus) it will make no difference. You would still need to pay the donation required for the seats you picked but not until actual seat selection. And it does not move you up unless the donation is at a higher level than you currently qualify for. For example, if you have 10 years of being a ST holder, a $600 donation will not move you up. Would have to be at the $2500 level to move higher than you are without a donation.

I wouldn't be so sure of those groupings. Many long time FB, St holders were denied parking passes because they didn't come up with a$6,000 "donation".
The donation or years as a ST holder at this point only gets you into a selection group. If tickets in a particular area are not available when you pick, you are still out. If you are in the 15 to 19 year group as far as ST years, and someone donates at the tier 1 level( $6000) they are going to move ahead of you unless you also donated $6000. But if you are already tier 1 because of years as a ST holder they would be in the same group. If someone was trying to buy tickets for the first time and donated $2500, they would automatically pick in group 2 moving ahead of everyone with 10-14 years as a ST holder unless they also gave $2500 to move up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT