ADVERTISEMENT

SEC recruiting data point

lurkercat

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2002
Kind of slow here as we wait for camp to start so I thought I would post something that I found interesting.

I was at a work conference the last couple days and got on the bus to take everyone back to the airport. A younger woman in social media relations chose to sit next to me on the bus and we chatted a bit. She is from Houston originally but had lived in Chicago so we had something in common.

Later in the conversation she was talking about getting recruited with a scholarship to a mid-tier SEC school (sports-wise) because she hung out with the football players that they were trying to recruit. Their thinking was if they can get people who know the players to go to the school, it is more likely the players will go too.

She said it worked for 3 to 4 guys from her high school but the practice is stopped now. I know the world has changed with NIL vs. 2015, but thought it was an interesting data point that NU would never ever participate in.

It would be interesting to hear if GCG or others have similar stories of recruiting lows competitors will sink to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News