ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU-MSU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, you gotta love that second quarter. They let Clayton Thorson sling it around and he responded. NU ran 26 plays and outgained MSU 124 yards to 18 in the second. Thorson went 12 for 19 for 130 yards in the second quarter, while Brian Lewerke was 1 for 3 for 8 yards, and he lost 10 on a sack.

I think MSU surprised them in the first quarter with the passing game and Lewerke made some plays with his arm and his feet. But the NU defense shut them down in the second.

Oh...and how about that Justin Jackson? If all else fails, they can just dump it to No. 21 in the flat and let him go to work. The kid is magic in the open field.

Buckle up, this should be a fun half.

If the cats win, it will cost me $1000.

I didn't bet against them, but if they win, I pledged to fly in for the Purdue game

I think CT need to throw harder in practice. I think he throws harder in the intensity of the game and the guys aren't ready for it.

Our WRs are sooo frustrating. Catch the damn football!!!

I don't know if WRs just don't want to come here or we have some philosophy about recruiting slow, short WRs, but something has to change.

Defense needs to impose it's will and keep them pinned near their goal line. 3 and out would be nice.

It's hard to believe that ONE WR could have such a difference, but AC was so incredibly better than the rest. He would basically catch anything Thor threw to him.

God I hate 3 man rushes!! This was clearly 2 down territory and you gifted them 6 yards.

MISSSSSS

I really meant it and some how it didn't show as a reply the first time.:)

Lewerke is very impressive. Granted, he’s had some luck, but he’s making throws a lot of college QBs cannot make.

And dam you Cody White for rubbing salt in my wounds.
Although he's also missed a few wide open guys.

Thorson's 2nd down short pass to Nagel is an example of bad ball placement. Cost us a first down and a caused a 3 and out. Can't happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT