ADVERTISEMENT

Second Half Thread ISU/NU

Okay, that interception was terrible. It was so terrible that I can't explain it.

What happened there? Can somebody explain it?
I replayed it and it looked like he got "nudged " as he threw. Regardless, he looks more like 2019 Hunter than MSU Hunter thus far.

This offense might be as bad as in 2019. Johnson is playing himself out of the job, but the OL is not helping much.

We won’t be back in the BIG championship game this year but neither may Ohio State.

part of me thinks Marty may be the best play at QB. Not gonna win the division but may grind out a couple of big ten winS.

I replayed it and it looked like he got "nudged " as he threw. Regardless, he looks more like 2019 Hunter than MSU Hunter thus far.
Yep. As Hunter is getting more games, a couple trends are emerging.

1) Hunter doesn’t set his feet consistently. It’s happening in enough situations that it’s fair to point out as a weakness.

2) Hunter throws a great deep ball and has the arm and accuracy to make those 8 to 12 yard outs consistently.

3) Hunter’s mobility will be an assest, if he can get feet under him while on the run.

I’m not drawing too many conclusions on decision making. He looked fine last week and the attack was super vanilla today. The bigger problem on this front for me is the WRs were not getting enough seperation (broken record over the years). This the college game, windows should not be tight on a regular basis. Additionally, Washington has to make that catch early in the 3rd.

We’ve seen both poor offense and defense this season. While that’s obviously concerning, we have some positives from both sides now (albeit against varying degrees of competition).

Duke, on the road will be a test. If we see a more complete performance next week, there will be some hope for a mediocre to decent year. If the Blue Devils win handily, it will be hard to find optimism going forward barring major changes.

Last edited:
Hull is much improved. Impressed with his balance and ability to gain yards after first contact. That used to be a weakness of his.

Games like this are totally worthless.
No intensity. Nothing learned. Actively keeping it vanilla.

The only way to look good is to win by 50.

Good chance to cover despite how ugly it’s apparently been.

Games like this are totally worthless.
No intensity. Nothing learned. Actively keeping it vanilla.

The only way to look good is to win by 50.

Good chance to cover despite how ugly it’s apparently been.

Wrong. There is plenty of good that comes out of games like this. This is how you get better.

• Wow
Reactions: NUCat320
The defense has certainly improved since the first Q, which is good. Maybe there is some hope there. I'm ot confident about this offense though.

Why can we not just pound a clearly inferior opponent into submission? Why is a division IAA even getting into the backfield. Why do we not have a dominant o-line. We should wax these guys. No more excuses

Bullshit roughing call.
He knocked his helmet off. They'll call that if you hit the QB high after the throw.

Edit: Well, I guess he didn't knock his helmet off, or else they wouldn't have had to use a different QB the next play. I don't know, then.

Disappointing to lose the shutout because of a couple of questionable calls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT