ADVERTISEMENT

Siemian officially out for Sunday

TheC

May 29, 2001
That sucks.... off of one of his best games as a pro, he's forced out due to injury. I hope Lynch comes in and stinks up the joint, throwing a few picks and making bad decisions, but the Broncos eek out a win anyway so that Trevor can come back and take them into the playoffs.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
That sucks.... off of one of his best games as a pro, he's forced out due to injury. I hope Lynch comes in and stinks up the joint, throwing a few picks and making bad decisions, but the Broncos eek out a win anyway so that Trevor can come back and take them into the playoffs.
What really sucks is now I don't have any interest in any games this weekend.

What cracks me up is all the noise from the lunatic fringe side of the Denver fanbase (which is large) crying for Romo to come in and save them. What a joke. Romo wouldn't make it through the pre-season (again) behind Denver's crappy OL. Broncos fans have no idea how good they have it with Siemian....he learned how to survive and thrive behind a porous OL in college.

Trevor won't be losing his job anytime soon, once he gets healthy. Paxton Lynch is awful.

Trevor won't be losing his job anytime soon, once he gets healthy. Paxton Lynch is awful.

Tell that to the "Lynch mob" who think draft position is the only determinant of football ability.

Not according to a good # of deluded Broncos fans and even now, some MHR writers (who think Lynch showed more promise than Siemian in his performance).

And going back to last week, the complaint about Siemian was that he only played 1 good half or that he is lacking leadership b/c he doesn't show fire/emotions (btw, Siemian has the 2nd best 4th quarter QBR in the NFL, behind Carr and is ranked the 6th best passer on 3rd downs coming into this weekend, ahead of Rodgers, Prescott and Carr).

Shefter is reporting that Siemian could miss another week (Trevor, at least, has the boot off).

Gotta love this tweet from Siemian.

And he follows it up with this comment...

“You like that?’’ Siemian said. “Although I’m getting a lot of heat saying Peyton looks stronger than me. I’d like to go on record saying Peyton was flexing.’’

Gotta love Siemian's sense of humor.

Since no Siemian today, here's his highlights from last weekend.

And Siemian's 1st TD pass where he extended the play w/ his legs is the reason why I have always disagreed w/ those who claimed that Siemian was not a fit for NU's O.

Just too bad we saw only a little of this while Siemian played for the 'Cats (pretty much just the 4th Q of the MOON game and the ND game).

Last edited:
Reactions: Gladeskat
Lynch is OK but he's still well behind Trevor at this time. Anyone who thinks otherwise has consumed too many edibles.

Not according to a good # of deluded Broncos fans and even now, some MHR writers (who think Lynch showed more promise than Siemian in his performance).

And going back to last week, the complaint about Siemian was that he only played 1 good half or that he is lacking leadership b/c he doesn't show fire/emotions (btw, Siemian has the 2nd best 4th quarter QBR in the NFL, behind Carr and is ranked the 6th best passer on 3rd downs coming into this weekend, ahead of Rodgers, Prescott and Carr).

Shefter is reporting that Siemian could miss another week (Trevor, at least, has the boot off).

Gotta love this tweet from Siemian.

And he follows it up with this comment...

“You like that?’’ Siemian said. “Although I’m getting a lot of heat saying Peyton looks stronger than me. I’d like to go on record saying Peyton was flexing.’’

Gotta love Siemian's sense of humor.

Since no Siemian today, here's his highlights from last weekend.

And Siemian's 1st TD pass where he extended the play w/ his legs is the reason why I have always disagreed w/ those who claimed that Siemian was not a fit for NU's O.

Just too bad we saw only a little of this while Siemian played for the 'Cats (pretty much just the 4th Q of the MOON game and the ND game).

Is the helmet required in case they fall off that chair?

Lynch is OK but he's still well behind Trevor at this time. Anyone who thinks otherwise has consumed too many edibles.

Agree, Lynch missed many easy throws, and made some bad reads. I thought his OL protection was somewhat better than they have provided for Trevor (only saw parts of the game). Everything I read on Twitter says the QB controversy has been put to rest for 2016. Its Trevor's team once he gets healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT