ADVERTISEMENT

Siemian signs with the Jets

Touchdown Trevor is back, baby. Will be interesting to see if he can jump Wilson in the pecking order.
Interesting. I really thought he was done. When the Bengals weren't sure if Burrow could play this week, they also lost their practice squad (read - third string QB) who signed to the active roster of the Patriots. The Bengals badly needed a third QB who would effectively be the main backup in case Burrow couldn't play. I thought for sure they'd resign Siemian, but instead they signed back the fourth QB from fall camp who got cut early. I figured that meant Siemian was really done.

Don't play him against Cleveland! Thank you.
One of the all time cheap hits by Garrett fractured Siemian’s leg. I would crack back on Garrett’s knee the first 3 plays of the game. I would have his head on a swivel every down. If the game gets out of hand, I would blindside him every down.

Before Garrett broke Siemian,s leg, he was penalized for an unbelievably late hit on Trevor

The Jets’ OL will unfortunately be typical of those Trevor has played behind

One of the all time cheap hits by Garrett fractured Siemian’s leg. I would crack back on Garrett’s knee the first 3 plays of the game. I would have his head on a swivel every down. If the game gets out of hand, I would blindside him every down.

Before Garrett broke Siemian,s leg, he was penalized for an unbelievably late hit on Trevor

The Jets’ OL will unfortunately be typical of those Trevor has played behind
Myles Garrett was just a bundle of rage that 2019 season. He was fined for his dirty hits on Siemian and was flagged for several other late hits, then later in the season was suspended for the rest of the season after his fight with Rudolph (whom he'd tackled well after the ball was thrown). What on earth was his malfunction that season?

Good to see him get one more shot. Nice move by the Jets. Could be the most accurate QB on the team.

Myles Garrett was just a bundle of rage that 2019 season. He was fined for his dirty hits on Siemian and was flagged for several other late hits, then later in the season was suspended for the rest of the season after his fight with Rudolph (whom he'd tackled well after the ball was thrown). What on earth was his malfunction that season?
'Roid rage

Had to chuckle at some of the potential QB lists (Trevor wasn't on any of them) - Foles, Wentz, Flacco, Ryan, etc.

Siemian is better at reading defenses and getting the ball off than Foles, Wentz and Flacco and why would Ryan leave a cushy TV job to get repeatedly hit behind a bad O-line?

Some are still calling for the Jets to trade for Tannehill who isn't better than Trevor.

Thought that this would happen since Siemian is cheap (Jets don't have much cap space) and available (so no need to give up a pick).

Bigger question is that why didn't the Jets FO make this move sooner - like the day after Rodgers was lost for the season?

Even if the hope was that Wilson would show some improvement, the Jets still needed a backup in case Wilson got knocked out (which is a possibility behind that O-line - good thing Trevor has plenty of experience playing behind bad O-lines).

It would be apropos and hilarious if Siemian ended up starting against the Broncos - where he would not only be facing his former team, but 2 of his former HCs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT