ADVERTISEMENT

Six days out and the current thread topics range from...

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
Gary Barnett to Broncos/Packers to favorite personal memory to Siemian (great topic though) to Illini war chant and to Edelman injury. Does this indicate overconfidence or a lack of interest in what's shortly about to transpire in Evanston? Although a moment ago, Eurocat's "analytics site" post appeared.

Gary Barnett to Broncos/Packers to favorite personal memory to Siemian (great topic though) to Illini war chant and to Edelman injury. Does this indicate overconfidence or a lack of interest in what's shortly about to transpire in Evanston? Although a moment ago, Eurocat's "analytics site" post appeared.

Overconfidence? These are NU fans. They're peeing in their pants out of fear of losing.

Agree, this board needs more hype!! Unfortunately the staff's limitations on the media really keeps us from getting much to work with here to discuss and chew on. I'm hungry!!

Reactions: DopeTonic
Im geeked to kickoff the season. All the discussions have been done in the off season. I think we're all ready to finally see some game action and see where we stand on a number of different topics.

Cheers to a great 2017 season we're gonna have!

Reactions: DopeTonic
Agree, this board needs more hype!! Unfortunately the staff's limitations on the media really keeps us from getting much to work with here to discuss and chew on. I'm hungry!!
The paranoia starts at the top. Not allowing fans to watch practices, no end of camp scrimmage, hell even the press is only allowed to partially watch one or two practices. The secrecy has this NU team under a dark cloud, with no local TV or radio coverage prior to the opener and very little in the print media as well. There is no hype and without the students on campus they will be lucky to draw 30,000. Guess that's what Fitz wants but surprised that Phillips goes along with it.

The paranoia starts at the top. Not allowing fans to watch practices, no end of camp scrimmage, hell even the press is only allowed to partially watch one or two practices. The secrecy has this NU team under a dark cloud, with no local TV or radio coverage prior to the opener and very little in the print media as well. There is no hype and without the students on campus they will be lucky to draw 30,000. Guess that's what Fitz wants but surprised that Phillips goes along with it.
You keep spouting this stuff despite the facts. Fake news. NU had a completely open practice (you could shoot anything) and every station in town was there and so were newspapers. What more do you want? Oh yes, and he had another open practice two days later and there was little media coverage (Bears, Cubs, etc).

Nevada, anyone? Are we done discussing their DB's? Is that all there is, or could this team beat the pants off us in the opener? I know nothing about Nevada, except it is next to Arizona.

It's hard to be confident in a football team until you see them block people. They need to prevent our star QB and RB from running for their lives all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT