ADVERTISEMENT

Smith starts. Throws INT on first drive. (NU-Iowa first half thread?)

Can we stop pining for Hunter? He clearly doesn’t have it between the ears yet and Aidan is serviceable.

The fascination with high school 5 stars is beyond me.
Hpw many stars did Smith have in H.S.? Right about now I'd guess one.

I don't put this on Smith. He just found himself in this situation, with very little offense around him. What will it take to regroup from this debacle?

Reactions: drewjin
If we keep doing the same thing, we deserve the same result. I don't think there's a coaching staff in the conference that has done a worse job this year. ...... Coach Hank notwithstanding.

Reactions: Catslash
I don't put this on Smith. He just found himself in this situation, with very little offense around him. What will it take to regroup from this debacle?
But he has shown that he doesn't belong. ZERO points Again!

What number is McCall wearing? I didn’t realize he had decided to suit up.

It's his offense. He's in charge and it's his job to actually have an offense that scores points. 70 yards of offense at the half, 0 points, haven't even come close.

yeah, shut up! I know most teams want to actually score points but for NU, it’s nice to just get in a better position to punt!

I am tired of aholes on this board who do nothing but post cynical, critical crap about the team no matter how well NU is doing.

It's his offense. He's in charge and it's his job to actually have an offense that scores points. 70 yards of offense at the half, 0 points, haven't even come close.

We don’t have horses! That should be obvious to you.

Reactions: Colonel Kong
Meanwhile Illinois is beating Purdue 17 to nothing about to go to four and four. Remember early in the year when certain posters were convinced Illini would suck this year compared to us?

Although I don’t think Smith is the biggest problem, we might as well put Johnson in just to try to find a spark. I also wouldn’t mind seeing one or two of the true frosh WRs use one of their four free games without burning a shirt.

We don’t have horses! That should be obvious to you.

The talent level on offense is still far far superior to the Dark Ages. But the offense is playing like the Dark Ages. Maybe worse.

I am tired of aholes on this board who do nothing but post cynical, critical crap about the team no matter how well NU is doing.
This is both cynical AND critical, but since you did say "no matter how well". You probably should have said "no matter how poorly"
Because they haven't played well all year on offense

The talent level on offense is still far far superior to the Dark Ages. But the offense is playing like the Dark Ages. Maybe worse.
we have better players than the dark ages ,we have better players than the 95 rose bowl team but in 2019 those standards don't cut it for for winning football.

Reactions: corbi296
This is both cynical AND critical, but since you did say "no matter how well". You probably should have said "no matter how poorly"
Because they haven't played well all year on offense

No, my point is that particular poster was saying the same crap last year. That makes him a troll, not a fan, in my book.

Do you think maybe the other teams are also better than the opposition we played in the “dark ages”.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
Meanwhile Illinois is beating Purdue 17 to nothing about to go to four and four. Remember early in the year when certain posters were convinced Illini would suck this year compared to us?

Illinois is far better coached

What about the Head Coach? Does he get any blame for this?

Any boos out of the crowd today? With most other fan bases, it would be pretty loud and merciless.

we have better players than the dark ages ,we have better players than the 95 rose bowl team but in 2019 those standards don't cut it for for winning football.

Sometimes a change is necessary. Fleck fired his DC in-season last year and had an immediate turnaround. The new DC simplified everything and freed up the players. It's worth a try for NU. We are not as bad as we look. Simplify the offense. Get the ball in the hands of Lee's. Put in a couple of trick plays. Be fricking creative, not ploddingly predictable.

Do you think maybe the other teams are also better than the opposition we played in the “dark ages”.
I kinda remember Mike Kerrigan to Todd Sheets being effective. Also Chris Hinton, Sandy Schwab, Ricky Edwards et Al. Biggest dark ages problem was defense. Offense too, but really defense

What's discouraging is I don't see what Fitz could possibly do to turn this around. At least not this year. And, does he know what to do for next year, on-going? Having HJ turn out is only a small part of this.

I kinda remember Mike Kerrigan to Todd Sheets being effective. Also Chris Hinton, Sandy Schwab, Ricky Edwards et Al. Biggest dark ages problem was defense. Offense too, but really defense

The 2 deep on this team is far better than the 2 deep then. Sandy Schwab was the beginning of the post-Dark Age.

What's discouraging is I don't see what Fitz could possibly do to turn this around. At least not this year. And, does he know what to do for next year, on-going. Having HJ turn out is only a small part of this.

Simplify the offense and #FreeHunter !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT