ADVERTISEMENT

So, do Gophs fans like PJ Fleck?

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
They probably should’ve won last night. Then again, their kicker is pretty great and botched two.

Fleck has recruited one decent quarterback, and he’s gone. Last years bad QB is now Rutgers’ bad QB.

And this year’s QB is a four-year grad transfer from New Hampshire. He looked better than “Brad Johnson’s son” at North Carolina, I thought.

Also,
The QB shuffle is definitely my least favorite part about modern college football, though it’s been the best way for NU to find someone playable. Hopefully Romain and whoever is to follow will lettuce forget this decade-plus in the woods of QB recruiting.

Three day weekend wooooohoooooo

Reactions: DaCat and SmellyCat
Generally speaking Goofs fans have remains mostly happy with Fleck and pointed out he’s had more good years than the Gophers have had in many years. I also think they’re entranced by his schtick a bit too. The grumbles have been in the minority and not too serious.

I do see some more serious grumbling after last night, and if he has another season like last year this year, which is very very possible given how important last night’s game was on their schedule, he could start to have a truly warming seat for the first time in his entire career.

I know I am one of the few here but I think PJ's a good coach. Most of the criticism is about his salesmanship but that's how he rolls. He is always complimentary of his opponents and I have never seen him misbehave. I do think his recruiting is falling off but I think that is more a function of familiarity. He and Minnesota might need a change of pace a year or two from now but he has brought a lot of success to that program. I would hire him

Reactions: Rebel II
I know I am one of the few here but I think PJ's a good coach. Most of the criticism is about his salesmanship but that's how he rolls. He is always complimentary of his opponents and I have never seen him misbehave. I do think his recruiting is falling off but I think that is more a function of familiarity. He and Minnesota might need a change of pace a year or two from now but he has brought a lot of success to that program. I would hire him
Fleck is just easier to ignore since while he has been successful for MN it is not all that successful

Fleck is just a very specific taste that requires a very specific palate. Eternal optimist to those who like him; fake windbag to those who don't. James Franklin also comes to mind.

Funny thing: I definitely met plenty of Big Ten fans over the years who hated Fitz and didn't buy his wonder bread boy scout image.

Fleck is just a very specific taste that requires a very specific palate. Eternal optimist to those who like him; fake windbag to those who don't. James Franklin also comes to mind.

Funny thing: I definitely met plenty of Big Ten fans over the years who hated Fitz and didn't buy his wonder bread boy scout image.
Probably because he beat them a lot

Reactions: NU Houston
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

🚗🧽🚙🫧🚗💨

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

🏃🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃

That gold tie had me at "hello." Go PJ Go!

jk
People often confuse Chipmonks and Gophers. Perhaps Mrs. Augusta Smith was one such person, who basically chose the colors of a Chipmonk as the school's colors. Can you imagine the Minnesota Golden Chipmonks?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT