ADVERTISEMENT

So Lou, where is our 4th recruit?

woah :eek:

Per a Star-Tribune article, Roddy is thinking he will make a decision after his football season, not soon after the Oct. 13 NU visit. We may have a long wait...

Also the Gophers fans replying to the article are delusional.

Last edited:
To me Roddy is the fit with this class even if rated lower than the Turkish Ticket.

I think I like the Turkish Ticket more though I wonder if both aren't filling the spot that Beran already fills and Nance will hold for four long productive years. Roddy is listed as a 3, but seems to have thickness for a 4. The TT is 4 in the databases. Neither seem to be over 6'7" - so the 5 would be a tough defensive assignment. I get CCC likes the notion of positionless bball - but you have to be able to defend the PG and break the press, you have to be able to defend the post. DP has monster reach and the girth to body up in the post. We will see what we can do about the press and opposing PG this year without the proper personnel. Not sure having a future discussions about defending the 5 is what we want to see.

Personally, with this big class, I am happy with what we have. I would love a true star ballhandler, but would be content with a project w one schollie, assuming a talented ballhandling 5th year transfer is landed w the last spot. Next year, our ballhandling will rely upon Greer (no data points yet) and Buie (even worse, true frosh). Assuming one can play, it would be great to have some depth in the ballhandling spot.

Reactions: No Chores
I think I like the Turkish Ticket more though I wonder if both aren't filling the spot that Beran already fills and Nance will hold for four long productive years. Roddy is listed as a 3, but seems to have thickness for a 4. The TT is 4 in the databases. Neither seem to be over 6'7" - so the 5 would be a tough defensive assignment. I get CCC likes the notion of positionless bball - but you have to be able to defend the PG and break the press, you have to be able to defend the post. DP has monster reach and the girth to body up in the post. We will see what we can do about the press and opposing PG this year without the proper personnel. Not sure having a future discussions about defending the 5 is what we want to see.

Personally, with this big class, I am happy with what we have. I would love a true star ballhandler, but would be content with a project w one schollie, assuming a talented ballhandling 5th year transfer is landed w the last spot. Next year, our ballhandling will rely upon Greer (no data points yet) and Buie (even worse, true frosh). Assuming one can play, it would be great to have some depth in the ballhandling spot.

roddy is a wing/3. nance and beran are 4's for the most part but 2-4 in CCC system are basically the same as long as you can guard a wing or not get over powered at the 4. roddy being a wing who can play the 4 is better than TT who is basically a 4 who might be able to guard a 3. thats what beran is.

Reactions: IGNORE2
roddy is a wing/3. nance and beran are 4's for the most part but 2-4 in CCC system are basically the same as long as you can guard a wing or not get over powered at the 4. roddy being a wing who can play the 4 is better than TT who is basically a 4 who might be able to guard a 3. thats what beran is.

So... Roddy is “the one?”

Would be great if the staff can land a top-tier ball handler/scorer/defender, but it looks like that'll have to wait for the next class.

And who knows how Greer will look w/ a year under his belt and wouldn't sleep in Buie.

ESPN has Buie as the 40th ranked PG w/ a grade of 79 (which is higher than what they have for Jones - 78; Kopp has a grade of 81) which is the same grade ESPN gave BMac.

Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT