ADVERTISEMENT

So where do we finish in the B1G this year?

11th or worse in the regular season, first-round exit in the Big Ten Tournament, continued sense of apathy from the players, and not being competitive against the top teams in the conference.
I think you're forgetting to factor in a real Homecourt this year .

I don't think we will finish 13th but if we finish far down in the standings it will be a disappointment this far into Collins term as coach (all players he recruited) and with a new Arena to play in.

I think you're forgetting to factor in a real Homecourt this year .

I was referring to a scenario that would “sober up” people who have high hopes for the direction of the program.

I am on the record saying 9th in conference and NIT.

Not sure there are too many people who wish Carmody was still coach, as much as those people are just disappointed in all the 10th place finishes, overhyped recruiting classes, unchallenging sos and being picked 13th this many years into CCs time.

If anything it seems the ones who are glad to have BC gone oddly keep bringing him up so that maybe they don’t dwell on all the 10 place finishes, and that CCs first team of his making was just flat out bad.

It reminds me of Trump changing the “messaging” so people won’t realize how many moronic things he’s done this week (not that the proCC or Anti BC crowd are morons, just the same game.)

We’re picked last again this year in the Big under CC?

..... well at least we don’t run the PO, and BC sucks and maybe we will finish 13th again but we would beat Holy Cross if we were in their league.....
I would respond with my normal "Carmody sucks" but apparently that is not necessary, since you agree given this post! Glad you have finally seen the error of your ways, and welcome aboard!

Not sure there are too many people who wish Carmody was still coach, as much as those people are just disappointed in all the 10th place finishes, overhyped recruiting classes, unchallenging sos and being picked 13th this many years into CCs time.

If anything it seems the ones who are glad to have BC gone oddly keep bringing him up so that maybe they don’t dwell on all the 10 place finishes, and that CCs first team of his making was just flat out bad.

It reminds me of Trump changing the “messaging” so people won’t realize how many moronic things he’s done this week (not that the proCC or Anti BC crowd are morons, just the same game.)

We’re picked last again this year in the Big under CC?

..... well at least we don’t run the PO, and BC sucks and maybe we will finish 13th again but we would beat Holy Cross if we were in their league.....

My God... I actually agree with much of this post.

Reactions: mikewebb68
Unfortunately, the people that STILL bitch because they’re upset about Carmody care enough to continue it. I agree, they need to live in this decade. It’s pretty pathetic.
BC was starting to field more competitive teams and would have likely made the big dance after several NIT appearances.
CC should get us back in a few years and we may sneak into the NIT if we get a signature win. But we should be able to play against anyone once our freshmen get a couple years of experience. Too many holes this year due to graduation and 2 guards not here (brown and lathom).

The picks that put NU in the lower third and even bottom of the Big Ten don't really talk about the Big Ten.

NU is a crapshoot because there are so many new players. The quality of those new players seems to be a significant upgrade and two have multiple years of experience.

Other than the top two teams, save a couple dogs, the entirety of the Big Ten can be lumped into one middling group. Why are those nine or ten teams superior to NU. Who among them cannot lose to NU at home. Who can't lose a home and away to NU?

Is NU's roster inferior to those other teams?

Will their guard play be that superior?

Are their rosters that superior?

Is their coaching that superior?

The low projections of NU, given that so little is known, seems to be more of a psychological carryover than a basketball assessment.

When the Iowa board assessed the Big Ten competition this summer they put NU in the top half.

Why are the Iowa fans more optimistic about NU than NU?

The picks that put NU in the lower third and even bottom of the Big Ten don't really talk about the Big Ten.

NU is a crapshoot because there are so many new players. The quality of those new players seems to be a significant upgrade and two have multiple years of experience.

Other than the top two teams, save a couple dogs, the entirety of the Big Ten can be lumped into one middling group. Why are those nine or ten teams superior to NU. Who among them cannot lose to NU at home. Who can't lose a home and away to NU?

Is NU's roster inferior to those other teams?

Will their guard play be that superior?

Are their rosters that superior?

Is their coaching that superior?

The low projections of NU, given that so little is known, seems to be more of a psychological carryover than a basketball assessment.

When the Iowa board assessed the Big Ten competition this summer they put NU in the top half.

Why are the Iowa fans more optimistic about NU than NU?

Because we have their W. To them, we are NW.

Typical of NU fans.

This could be a tournament team, but few have posted anything like that.

Let me be one of them. I'm pretty confident, we will dance again this year.

Agreed. Last year wast just a bump in the trajectory, a hangover that should have been expected. Barring a ton of injuries, I think we'll be just fine.

We will go dancing this season. Bank on it.

Typical of NU fans.

This could be a tournament team, but few have posted anything like that.

Haywood's assessment...paraphrasing...."experienced and very competitive."

In the previous five years the Big Ten has appeared much more locked down. This year it looks to be wide open.

Any team that starts to "feel it" and is playing selflessly together can make a run.

I just think that picking NU fourth in the Big Ten can be defended just as substantially as picking NU 10th or 12th.

Picking NU to dance is not far-fetched, IMO. Guys like Law, Pardon, Turner and Taylor expect it. Guys like Benson, Gaines and Falzon have worked very hard and want to show more on the court. And then Kopp and Nance may legitimately force Collins to sit very talented, very experienced players.

Other than lead guard, it's a clear step up versus last year when people were picking NU near the top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT