ADVERTISEMENT

So....

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
who said that Ash or Gaines might be able to guard Trae Young tonight?

We needed Vic, badly. That was our only chance. Concussions suck. I hope he feels better soon.

Go Cats

You hit the nail precisely on the head. No way Trae has the game that he did if Law was defending him, since Law will often not allow his man to even get the ball when he is a dominant scorer. Dakich summed it up nicely; you simply cannot let a player like that get the ball, and Ash, (and, to a lesser extent, Brown, Gaines, and BMac) failed miserably at that task.

Reactions: ricko654321
You hit the nail precisely on the head. No way Trae has the game that he did if Law was defending him, since Law will often not allow his man to even get the ball when he is a dominant scorer. Dakich summed it up nicely; you simply cannot let a player like that get the ball, and Ash, (and, to a lesser extent, Brown, Gaines, and BMac) failed miserably at that task.
All that said, though, Mike, I'm not prepared to say that Vic could've made enough of a difference to change the outcome tonight. Would've been more interesting, to be sure . . . but we weren't one man from winning this game, IMO.

Reactions: NUCat320
All that said, though, Mike, I'm not prepared to say that Vic could've made enough of a difference to change the outcome tonight. Would've been more interesting, to be sure . . . but we weren't one man from winning this game, IMO.
I agree. That was a really good team Trea is great but also has support.

Give me a break! Ash played him great! Scottie and Mac threw up bricks!

Maybe, We won't know because Vic didn't play. Losing our best defender who is a great offensive player and having to start a guy who usually can't score and is nowhere near the defender that Law is was the absolute kiss of death for us.

Reactions: ricko654321
Give me a break! Ash played him great! Scottie and Mac threw up bricks!

You must have missed all those plays where Trae drove around Ash like he was not even there, or the one where Ask allowed Trae to catch and shoot. Trae was on pace to score 50 with Ash guarding him!

Ash has had his moments on defense, but tonight, everyone else who defended Trae on our team did a better job (though Brown was the closest to being as bad as Ash).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT